The objective of this tutorial to show you an efficient way to be able to 'Save or Bookmark' past work schedules so that they could easily be reused at any time.
There are two ways that you can create shifts in your schedule:
- Shift Templates
- Custom Shifts
For more information about creating custom shifts, go to Creating Shifts.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager, supervisor, or scheduler access privileges in Humanity to add, modify, or delete shift templates.
- Schedulers can manage shift templates for their assigned positions only.
- Templates can be made for daily or weekly schedules, but not monthly schedules
- When you edit a shift template, existing shifts that were created using that template are not updated. Future shifts scheduled with the shift template reflect the updates you make.
- 'Scheduler' = anyone with scheduling permissions, Supervisors and Managers can only view their own saved periods, not saved periods from others on the account.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
Saving the Template
Step 1: Create the schedules according to your business requirements.
For more information about Creating Shifts, go to Creating Shifts or New Shift Creation Experience.
Step 2: Click the 'Star' icon to save a reference for your desired period as shown in Image 1.
Step 3: Enter a name for the template. Click 'Ok' to save the template as shown in Image 2.
Copying the Template
Step 1: Select 'Copy Schedule' from Schedule Action drop-down menu as shown in Image 3.
Step 2: 'Choose the saved timeline' to reuse the template from the drop-down menu as shown in Image 4.
Step 3: You can either select to 'Copy shift times only' or 'Copy shift times and employee assignments' as shown in Image 5.
Step 4: If you want to clear the schedule before copying, check the box of 'Clear schedule before copying'as shown in Image 6.
Step 5: Click 'Copy Shifts' when finished as shown in Image 7.
Removing the Template
Step 1: Select the timeline where you want to remove the template from the timeline bar as shown in Image 8.
Note: You can view the timeline from the saved timeline drop-down filter.
Step 2: Click on the 'Marked Star Icon' again to remove the timeline as shown in Image 9.
Step 3: Click 'Ok' to confirm that you want to remove the template as shown in Image 10.
Modifying the Template
Click on any shift, and it will open up the 'Shift Edit' window where you can make further changes to the shift if needed as shown in Image 11.
If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!