The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to assign an employee(s) to a shift.
(Required) You can assign employees to the shift created by selecting it from your preferred list.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisor and scheduler access privileges to assign employee(s) to a shift.
- You can navigate the schedule to different dates by clicking the arrows found at top mid of the app.
- Under employee view, you can assign multiple employees as you are already creating shift next to an employee.
- Schedulers will only be able to their respective position employee(s) only.
Assigning Employee(s) to a Shift
Step 1: Click ‘ShiftPlanning’ tab from the top panel as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click ‘Schedule Overview’ from the left-hand side filter panel as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Create a shift or click on an existing desired shift to open the shift edit window as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Check the box of the employee(s) you wish to assign the shift to as shown in Image 4.
Step 5: Click ‘Save & Close’ as shown in Image 5.
- There are various types of list to filter out the list of employee(s) for your ease.
For more information about types of employee(s) list, go to ‘Shift Edit Window Details.’
- The assigned employee won’t be able to see the shift or be notified until you ‘Publish’ the shift individually or ‘Publish’ the schedule.
For more information about publishing the shift or schedule, go to ‘Publish Schedule.’
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!