From your Computer Applies to Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers
The objective of this tutorial is to show how to assign required skill/s on shift which will narrow down the staff list accordingly.
By default, there are no skills assigned on shift and an employee is eligible for the assignment. When skills are set, only employees with required skill set will be available for the assignment.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisor and scheduler access privileges to assign required skill/s on shift.
- ‘Required skill on shift’ setting has to be enabled to use this feature.
- Settings -> Shiftplanning -> Advanced Settings-> Required skill on shift
- The user can add one or multiple skills, however, employees to be assigned on shift can have any of required skills.
- Skill/s are created under Staff Module on an account level.
- Enabling skill per shift will disable current filter by skill feature on Shift Edit Window (SEW).
- Removing skill from an account will have no impact on created shifts.
Assign Required Skill(s) on Shift
Step 1: Click ‘ShiftPlanning’ tab from the top panel as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click ‘Schedule Overview’ from the left-hand side filter panel as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Create a shift or click on existing desired shift to open shift edit window (SEW) as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Click ‘Required skill(s)’, on the left-hand side of SEW, select the required skill(s) for a shift and click ‘Back to Shift’ as shown in Image 4.
Step 5: On the right-hand side of SEW, in the employee list, only employees with any of the assigned skills on shift will be displayed as shown in Image 5.
Note: All employees with required skills will be displayed, available or grouped by conflict.
Step 6: Select the employee and Click ‘Save & Close’ to assign the employee as shown in Image 6.
- Remove Required Skill(s) on Shift
- Auto-fill Shift based on the Skill(s)
- Trade and Release Shifts based on the Skill(s)
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!