When most managers trial our system, their time is generally being consumed manually creating schedules via spreadsheets. It's for that reason that we allow for an easy import for .CSV or .XLS into our system. Importing an offline schedule into ShiftPlanning is the easiest and fastest way to bring in employees, schedules and shift times all at once.
Go to tab ShiftPlanning and click the downward arrow icon beside Publish button. Select Schedule Import option there.
Your schedule to import must follow exactly one of the two accepted formats:
- Make sure the column fields are spelled exactly the same
- Make sure the Position names and Employee names are exactly the same as they are in your system otherwise it will be rejected or there might be repeat Positions or Employees.
All dates should be provided as: mm/dd/yyyy
Schedule Upload Limitations:
- Any column of the uploadable spreadsheet must not contain the following characters in order to upload the schedule
- Extra or Double Spaces
- Extra Space character in the end
- Any special character e.g., (Ä/ä, Ö/ö, Ü/ü) etc.
- Character 160 - Non-breaking spaces (Usually comes when data is copied from a web page)
Important steps to follow
- Make sure that there’s no deviation in spellings in Name and Position columns, in excel, as compared with the data in the account
- The date format must be 12 Hrs., both in excel file and in the account. In account date format could be changed by going to Settings tab -> Time Format
- The time format in excel must be MM/DD/YYYY
- There must not be any completely empty rows in the spreadsheet
If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact at email@example.com