Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers
After you receive the notification of a shift getting dropped by your employee, the shift is still your responsibility to assign it to another staff member and re-publish it.
Things to know before you begin:
- A scheduler can only view the shifts for its assigned position under 'scheduler permission.'
- A scheduler cannot assign users from other positions.
- You will receive a notification via SMS or Email when an employee drops a shift.
- The dropped shift will appear under 'Schedule Overview' as ‘Empty Shifts’ in ‘Employee View’ or ‘No Employees’ in ‘Position View' as shown below:
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Assigning the Shift to Another Staff Member
- Assigning the Shift to Staff from other Positions
- Republishing the Shift
Managing a Drop Shift
Assigning the Shift to Another Staff Member
Step 1: Click on the ‘Empty Shift’ as shown in Image 1.
Note: It will become available to be picked up by another employee in the case that it was created as an open shift by the manager.
Step 2: Assign another employee by 'checking the box' next to the employee name which you wish to assign to the shift as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click 'Save & Close' as shown in Image 3.
Assigning the Shift to Staff from Other Positions
Step 1: Click ‘Staff from other Positions’ as shown in Image 4.
Step 2: Select the name of the employee you wish to assign from the 'drop-down' menu as shown in Image 5; the selected employee will be added once selected.
Step 3: Click 'Save & Close' as shown in Image 6.
Republishing the Shift
Step 1: Click ‘Publish’ Tab from the top right to let the employee know about their schedule as shown in Image 7.
Step 2: Choose the ‘Notification Options’ as per your business requirements as shown in Image 8.
Note: You can also include a custom message while sending a notification.
Step 3: Click ‘Publish Shift’ from the bottom right as shown in Image 9.
- This will be categorized as a 'Republished Shift' as shown in Image 10.
- You may also see 'Shifts to Republish' widget on the Dashboard Notification Panel under Dashboard Module to Republish the shift as soon as you assign the dropped shift to another employee as shown in Image 11.
If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!