From your Computer Applies to Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers, Employees
The objective of this tutorial is to show how to trade and release shifts based on the skill(s).
- If you're unable to work one of your shifts, you can trade the shift (swap shifts) with one of your coworkers based on the skill(s).
- If you're unable to work one of your shifts, you can release the shift based on the skill(s) so the other employees can pick it up leaving it up to the manager to decide whom they would like to assign the shift.
Things to know before you begin:
- It is up to the manager to approve or reject the release request.
- Your manager has the option to disable the shift trade for your workplace.
- Employees must always provide a reason for each release request.
- When you create a trade, the shift is still your responsibility until it is picked up by one of your coworkers.
- You will receive notifications via Email and SMS.
Trade and Release Shifts based on the Skill(s)
Step 1: An employee will follow regular trade/release flow.
For more information about trading and releasing shift, go to ‘Shift Trade’ and ‘Shift Release’.
Step 2: In a potential list of acceptors, only employees with one of the required skills will be displayed as shown in Image 1.
- Assign Required Skill(s) on Shift
- Remove Required Skill(s) on Shift
- Auto-fill Shift based on the Skill(s)
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!