If you’re unable to work one of your shifts, you can drop your shift to let your manager know and get it reassigned to one of your coworkers.
Things to know before you begin:
- Dropping the shift does not require any approval from, however, a notification is sent to the management to notify them.
- A notification is sent once an individual drops a shift to the scheduler if he/she is assigned to that position, otherwise, manager and supervisor receive the notification alert.
- Notification is sent via Email or SMS.
- You can’t undo the action if you have confirmed dropping the shift.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
Drop a Shift
Step 1: Click on ‘My Schedule’ from Filters Tab on the left-hand side as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click the 'Shift' that you would like to 'Drop' as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click ‘Can’t work’ from Shift Details Panel from the bottom right as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Click on ‘Drop Shift’ as shown in Image 4.
Step 5: Click ‘Confirm Drop’ as shown in Image 5.
That’s it, your request has been sent as shown in Image 6.
Having Trouble Dropping a Shift
Possible Problem: If you are having trouble Dropping a Shift and are not able to view the 'Drop Shift' tab.
Possible Cause: Your manager has not enabled the settings for employees to Drop a Shift.
For more information about how to get notified and manage a Dropped Shift, go to ‘Enabling Drop a Shift Option' or 'Managing a Drop Shift’.
- Enabling Drop a Shift Option
- Managing a Drop Shift
If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!