If you’re unable to work one of your shifts, you can drop your shift to let your manager know and get it reassigned to one of your coworkers.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers, Employees
Things to know before you begin:
- Dropping the shift does not require any approval from, however, a notification is sent to the management to notify them.
- A notification is sent once an individual drops a shift to the scheduler if he/she is assigned to that position, otherwise, manager and supervisor receive the notification alert.
- Notification is sent via Email or SMS.
- You can’t undo the action if you have confirmed dropping the shift.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
Drop a Shift
Step 1: Click on ‘My Schedule’ from Filters Tab on the left-hand side as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click the 'Shift' that you would like to 'Drop' as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click ‘Can’t work’ from Shift Details Panel from the bottom right as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Click on ‘Drop Shift’ as shown in Image 4.
Step 5: Click ‘Confirm Drop’ as shown in Image 5.
That’s it, your request has been sent as shown in Image 6.
Having Trouble Dropping a Shift
Possible Problem: If you are having trouble Dropping a Shift and are not able to view the 'Drop Shift' tab.
Possible Cause: Your manager has not enabled the settings for employees to Drop a Shift.
For more information about how to get notified and manage a Dropped Shift, go to ‘Enabling Drop a Shift Option' or 'Managing a Drop Shift’.
- Enabling Drop a Shift Option
- Managing a Drop Shift
If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!