From your Computer Applies to Managers
The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to create work units under the ‘Settings’ module.
Work units are sub-tasks on a shift that are paid in addition to an hourly wage rate. Name the work unit, setup per unit rate and select the position(s) for which you are creating a work unit.
- A cleaning business and want to pay your employees a flat rate per house they will clean.
- A sales rep getting commission per sale, a delivery person who is also compensated for the mileage covered.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges to create work units.
- Tasks can also be used where you want to pay per shift/day worked against hourly wages.
- You should assign a position, otherwise, you won’t be able to use this work unit.
- To add, manage and assign work units you would need to enable work units module.
For more information about how to enable the work unit module, go to ‘Settings for Work Units.’
Create Work Units
Step 1: Click ‘Settings’ tab from the top panel as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click ‘Work Units’ from the left-hand side filter panel as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Type Name, Description, Set Pay Rate, Assign position to use this work unit as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Click ‘Create Work Unit’ as shown in Image 4.
Step 5: Click Save Settings as shown in Image 5.
That’s it, you will be able to see a prompt message ‘Work Unit Added.’
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!