The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to approve and decline employees’ submitted unavailability requests in the List View in the Availability module.
Access from your: Desktop
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, and Schedulers
To ensure adequate coverage, only users with scheduling permissions can approve or decline unavailability requests.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have Manager/Admin, Supervisor, or Scheduler access privileges to access the List view.
- To review employees’ unavailability requests in the List View, enable the “Availability must be approved by management” setting. Otherwise, employees’ unavailability requests will be automatically approved once submitted, and the List View won’t be available.
- If you would like to allow Schedulers to approve employees’ requests, enable the “Allow Schedulers to approve availability” setting.
- List View provides an overview of pending unavailability requests from Employees that you manage.
- Only unavailability requests for dates in the future are listed in the List View (in case of repeating requests, only requests that contain slots in the future).
- Employees can be notified via email, SMS, or push notification once their requests are approved or declined.
Approving/Declining unavailability requests
Step 1: Select the Availability module from the top panel, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: In the Unavailability Requests section, you will land on Week View by default. Select List View from the dropdown menu, as shown in Image 2.
- All pending requests of your assigned Employees are displayed in the grid. Browse through the pages at the bottom of the screen to view all requests.
- To view only requests from employees who work at one of the locations that you manage (rather than all locations), use the Filter by Location option on the left-side panel. By clicking on the checkbox next to the desired location, you will be filtering down the list of employees so that only requests from Employees who work at that location will be shown. You can use the Position filter in a similar way, to view only Employees that occupy a certain position.
- Unavailability requests are listed chronologically by their submission date, from oldest to newest. Click on Request Submission Date for a reverse order, from newest to oldest.
- Repeating unavailability requests are indicated with a “repeating” icon. Hover over the icon to see the repeating pattern (for example: “Repeats every week on Monday until 31/12/2020”).
- Unavailability requests that contain a note from the employee are indicated with a “note” icon. Hover over the icon to see the note.
- In case there are no pending requests, the list will be empty.
Step 3: In order to approve or decline a request, select that request by clicking on the checkbox next to it, as shown in Image 3.
- You can select multiple requests at once.
- To select all requests on the page, click on the main checkbox at the top of the grid.
- The number of selected requests will be indicated within the Approve and Decline buttons.
Step 4a: To approve the selected requests, click on the Approve button and confirm with OK, as shown in Image 4.
- In case of a repeating request, only future dates will be approved.
- In case some of the dates within a repeating request were previously declined in Week View, they will remain declined, and approval will apply only to pending requests.
Step 4b: To decline the selected requests, click on the Decline button and confirm with Ok, as shown in Image 4.
- In case of a repeating request, only future dates will be declined.
- In case some of the dates within a repeating request were previously approved in Week View, they will remain approved, and declination will apply only to pending requests.
Step 5b (Optional): You can add a note for Employees whose requests were declined. Confirm the content of the note with Ok, as shown in Image 5.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.