To provide step-by-step instructions for viewing and managing already submitted unavailable time slots in Humanity mobile apps for iOS and Android.
Having your availability up to date will help schedulers in your company to only assign shifts to you that you are available to take.
Access from your: Mobile device
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers, and Employees
Things to know before you begin:
- To use the Availability module on a mobile device, the app must be updated to a 2.0.5 version or higher.
- Employees are, by default, set to be available all the time which is why they need to submit unavailability requests when they are unavailable at/in a particular time/day.
- Users can create unavailable slots on an all-day or hourly basis.
- Hourly slots are set in 15-min increments. The maximum duration of an unavailable slot is 24 hours.
- Users can set up repeating slots.
- Slots cannot overlap with other slots.
- Your management has the option to restrict the staff from adding, editing, and deleting their unavailability. This means that you can only view your availability, not submit new slots or edit and delete existing ones. In this case, contact your manager to communicate your availability changes.
Viewing Already Submitted Unavailability Requests
Step 1: Launch the Humanity app, go to More, and tap on the Availability icon.
Step 2: In the My availability section, use the calendar arrows to navigate to the month of interest and scroll through the list of dates to view the unavailability requests that you have already submitted.
Deleting Already Submitted Unavailability Requests
In My availability, you can delete an unavailable time slot that you no longer need.
Step 1: To use the availability calendar, navigate to the slot you wish to delete and tap on it to view slot details (e.g., 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM on Thursday, Oct 17)
Step 2: At the bottom of the screen, find the Delete button, and confirm with OK. Once this is done, the slot will then be deleted and, along with it, your availability will be changed.
Step 3: If you want to delete a repeating slot, two options will be offered:
a. Delete this slot only—by choosing this option, you will only be deleting the selected slot
b. Delete this and all future slots—by choosing this option, you will delete the selected slot and all future slots within that series.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.