The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to set up the Availability module in line with your business needs.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers
With these settings, you can control what your staff members can view and set up within the Availability module.
Things to know before you begin:
You must have a Manager/Admin access privileges in Humanity to be able to customize availability settings.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Availability Options (Frequently Used)
- Availability Options (Advanced Settings)
Availability Options (Frequently Used)
Step 1: Go to the Settings module (the gear icon at the top-right) > Select Leave & Availability from the left-hand side, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Under the Availability section, check the box next to the option you would like to enable > Click on the Save Settings button, as shown in Image 2.
- Availability module enabled: checking this option will give your staff access to the Availability module and enable them to edit their availability.
- Availability must be approved by management: checking this option means that users with managing permissions need to approve or reject employees’ availability requests for them to be incorporated in the scheduling process. If this option is not checked, all requests will be automatically approved.
- Restrict Employees from adding, editing, and deleting their unavailability: checking this option will prohibit Employees from making any changes to their unavailability, either by adding new unavailability slots, or by editing or deleting existing slots. Users with scheduling permissions will still be able to make changes on behalf of Employees.
Availability Options (Advanced Settings)
Step 1: Go to the Settings module (the gear icon at the top-right) > Select Leave & Availability from the left-hand side > Click on the Advanced Settings tab from the top, as shown in Image 3.
Step 2: Under the Availability section, check the box next to the option you would like to enable > Click on the Save Settings button, as shown in Image 4.
Allow Schedulers to approve availability: checking this option will allow Schedulers to manage (approve or reject) employees’ availability requests.
Managers/ Supervisors will not receive the notifications for new availability requests, however, they will still be able to approve them.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.