The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to create, download, and view the Hourly Availability report.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers, and Accountants
The Hourly Availability report is an overview of employees’ availability data per hour in a day, for the date range you select.
Things to know before you begin:
- The Manager must enable the Reports module settings to make it visible to the employees.
- The visibility of some options varies according to the user’s permission level in Humanity.
- Employees must set their hourly availability for it to be reflected in the report.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Create and Download Hourly Availability Report
- Get a Preview of Hourly Availability Report
Create and Download Hourly Availability Report
Step 1: Go to the Reports module, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Select Hourly Availability Report, as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Enter the dates that you need > Filter the report by Locations, Positions, and Employees from the drop-down menus > Select one of the options determining how the report will be organized (in 15-minute or 1-hour intervals), as shown in Image 3.
- The time range can be up to one year.
- You can select only one Location.
- You can select one, several, or all Positions.
- You can select one, several, or all Employees.
- You can decide whether data for users with disabled and unactivated accounts should be included in the report along with data for users with active accounts.
Step 4: Click on Generate Report to apply the filters, as shown in Image 4.
Note: You cannot generate the same exact report while the initial one is being generated.
Step 5: Click on the Refresh icon for the generated report to be shown in the list of reports.
- Each generated report will expire after seven (7) days and will no longer be available.
- You will receive the generated report via email with an option to download it straight from there.
Step 6: Click on the Download icon next to the generated report to download the CSV file and the download will be automatically initiated, as shown in image 6.
Note: You can also delete any of the generated reports by clicking on the Delete (bin) icon next to the report.
Get a Preview of Hourly Availability Report
Click on the Preview icon next to the generated report and you will be redirected to the Preview page, as shown in image 7.
Note: You can use the Unavailability Highlight section to easily review existing unavailability data for past and future periods and highlight instances when the staff coverage is above, below, or equal to demand.
To use this feature, define values for High Unavailability, Low Unavailability, or both. High Unavailability indicates the maximum number of employees that can be unavailable at the same time. Low Unavailability indicates the ideal number of employees that can be unavailable at the same time.
Once you enter these values (either one or both), click on the Apply button to see the color-coded preview, as shown in Image 8.
Every column in the report preview will be marked in one of the following colors:
- Green, for values equal to and lower than Low Unavailability;
- Red, for values equal to and higher than High Unavailability;
- Yellow, for values between Low and High Unavailability.
To see a black and white version, switch the Black & White toggle from off to on. To return to the initial state, click on the Reset button.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.