The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to view and manage unavailability slots that you have already submitted. Having your availability up to date will help schedulers in your company assign to you only shifts that you are available to take.
Access from your: Desktop
Applies to: Employees
Things to know before you begin:
- You can create unavailability slots on an all-day or hourly basis.
- You can set hourly slots in 15-min increments. The maximum duration of an unavailability slot is 24 hours.
- You can submit unavailability slots for up to 1 year in advance.
- You can set up repeating slots.
- Unavailability slots cannot overlap with other unavailability slots.
- In the case that unavailability slots need to be reviewed by management, your newly-submitted unavailability slots will be in Pending status until it is approved or declined. You will be notified once the Pending slot has been Approved or Declined.
- Your management has the option to restrict the staff from adding, editing, and deleting their unavailability. This means that you can only view your availability, not submit new slots or edit and delete existing ones. In this case, contact your manager to communicate your availability changes.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Viewing Already-Submitted Unavailability Slots
- Deleting Already-Submitted Unavailability Slots
Viewing Already-Submitted Unavailability Slots
Step 1: Go to Availability module from the top panel, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: In the My Availability section, you will land on the current week by default. Use the calendar arrows to navigate to the week of interest and submit a new unavailability request for a certain day, as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click on any unavailability slot to launch the Details card and get more information on it.
Note: You can only click on the future unavailability slots for more details.
Deleting Already-Submitted Unavailability Slots
Step 1: Under Availability module > In the My Availability section, use the calendar arrows to navigate to the unavailability slots you wish to delete, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click on the slot you wish to delete in order to open the Details card, as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click on the bin icon and confirm with Delete, as shown in Image 3. The slot will then be deleted and, along with it, your availability will be changed.
- You can delete only future unavailability slots.
- If you want to delete a repeating slot, two options will be offered:
- Delete this slot only — to delete only the selected slot
- Delete this and all future slots — to delete the selected slot and all future slots within that series
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.