The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to add, edit or delete future availability.
Access from your: Android device
Applies to: Employees
Future availability is a one-time availability set for a specific date in the future. Future availability settings override your weekly availability on that specific date.
- Once the future availability is saved, it will bring you back to the main screen for future availability where you will be able to view the status of your request.
- The hours you will add will be marked as unavailable hours, which essentially makes the rest of your time available for work.
Things to know before you begin:
- Your manager must enable 'Staff can set future availability' under the Settings module to give access to their employees for using the functionality.
- If availability change requests effective date is set by the management then all the changes made for a definitive availability will only be effective accordingly.
- You cannot approve availability requests from the mobile app.
- If 'Availability must be approved by management' is enabled under the Settings module, you will have to wait for the management to approve your requested availability.
- Your manager must give access to the schedulers to approve availability by enabling 'Allow schedulers to approve availability' under the Settings module.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Add Future Availability
- Edit or Delete Future Availability
Add Future Availability
Step 1: Tap More tab > Click the Availability module shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Under the Future view, tap the Plus (+) icon from the bottom-right corner > Select the day > Tap Add Time tab > Select the time slot > Tap Save to add future availability, as shown in Image 2.
Note: You will have to set availability for each day individually.
Edit or Delete Future Availability
Step 1: Tap on the added future availability or the Pencil icon mentioned in front of the day, as shown in Image 3.
Step 2: Onwards, you have two options available, as shown in image 4.
- Either tap on the Bin icon to delete the future availability for that day.
- Or Edit the information as required and confirm with Save.
Note: You can also tap on Clear all day to mark the complete day available to work and confirm it with Save option.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.