The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to add, edit or delete weekly availability.
Access from your: Android device
Applies to: Employees
Weekly availability will repeat every week, the same day & time unless changed otherwise. You can mark yourself unavailable for either a single time-slot or multiple time-slot in any given day.
- By default, you are available for 24/7 in your weekly availability section unless you select otherwise.
- The app will also show you the status of your previously added requests.
- The hours you will add will be marked as unavailable hours, which essentially makes the rest of your time available for work.
Things to know before you begin:
- Your manager must enable 'Staff can set weekly availability' under the Settings module to give access to their employees for using the functionality.
- If availability change requests effective date is set by the management then all the changes made for a definitive availability will only be effective accordingly.
- You cannot approve availability requests from the mobile app.
- If 'Availability must be approved by management' is enabled under the Settings module, you will have to wait for the management to approve your defined availability.
- Your manager must give access to the schedulers to approve availability by enabling 'Allow schedulers to approve availability' under the Settings module.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Add Weekly Availability
- Edit or Delete Weekly Availability
Add Weekly Availability
Step 1: Tap More tab > Click the Availability module shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Tap on the day you want to set up the availability for, as shown in Image 2.
- Tap Add Time to select the time slots when you are not available and confirm with the Save button.
- You can select multiple times in a day and can also mark the whole day as unavailable.
Edit and Delete Weekly Availability
Step 1: Tap on the added weekly availability, onwards, you have two options available, as shown in image 3.
- Modify the details through Add Time option and confirm with the Save button.
- Or you may delete the set availability with a tap on the Red Cross icon in from of time slots.
Note: You can also clear your unavailable hours for a particular day in the week by tapping on Clear All Day option and confirm it with a Save button tab.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.