Welcome to Humanity, the online scheduling platform that optimizes employee scheduling, and works in conjunction with Workday for time tracking, vacation management and payroll.
Before you get started, be sure to activate your Humanity account. You should have received an invitation in your inbox. If you did not receive an activation email, reach out to your manager or administrator. Download the PDF here.
Step 1: Download the Humanity App
Visit the appropriate store to download the Humanity Mobile App and log in to your account using your Workday email address.
If this is your first time logging in, use the generic password provided by your admin. If you have not set a password previously, you cannot use the “Forgot Password?” link on the sign-in page.
Visit the dashboard and review your upcoming shifts. Clock in, send trade requests or message your manager, all from the Humanity App!
From the More tab, select Support and you can access live chat to reach the Humanity Support team. Ask quick questions or let them know if you’re experiencing any issues.
You can access all features from the Humanity web platform. You will not need a mobile device to use Humanity. However, the mobile app allows for on-the-go access and an added convenience!
Step 2: Set Your Availability
From the web platform (humanity.com/app) or your mobile device, let your employer know what hours you are available to work. Your Weekly availability should reflect the hours you are available all hours of the day, week after week.
Use the Does Not Repeat availability feature to let your employer know when that availability changes for a one-off occurrence. For example, if you’re generally unavailable to work on Tuesdays, but you’re unable to work on a specific Tuesday, submit a one-time availability for that specific date.
In the same way, if you’re generally available to work on a Monday, but you’re unable to work on a specific one, use Future availability to let your employer know you are not available.
If you’re unable to edit your availability, this option has been restricted by your management. To make changes, please reach out to your manager.
Step 3: View your Schedule on ShiftPlanning
If you’ve been scheduled for work, you’ll be able to view all of your upcoming shifts under the ShiftPlanning tab. Humanity allows for you to inform your manager if you’re unable to work a shift you’ve been assigned, to trade your shifts with others who work the same position, and to pick up an open shift.
If you’re unable to perform any of these tasks, the feature may have been disabled by your management.
Step 4: Where do I…?
In Workday, you will:
- Request time off
- Submit leave of absence requests
- Make changes to your profile (name, phone number, email address, etc.,)
- Update your time zone
- View your upcoming schedule (view access only)
In Humanity, you will:
- View your upcoming schedule
- Update your Availability
- Trade shifts
- Sign up for Open shifts
Optional: Trade Shifts and Sign Up for Open Shifts
Visit the ShiftPlanning tab from the Humanity web platform, or from Humanity’s mobile app.
If you’re unable to work a shift you’re scheduled, select that shift and tap on “Can’t Work”. Trade your shift with a colleague by selecting one of their shifts you can work in their place. Depending on the settings, this may be approved once your colleague accepts the trade, or the trade may need approval from your manager.
If open shifts are enabled, you’ll be able to visit the Pick-Up tab to sign up for shifts through ShiftPlanning on the mobile app or by logging in through the web browser, find the open shifts on your Dashboard.
If you come across an issue or have any questions, you can chat with a live agent from your Humanity App or from the web platform. You can also get support by emailing us at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I log in to Humanity?
- To access your Humanity account, visit humanity.com/app, and log into your account using your Workday email address.
What is my password?
- Upon activating your account, you will have set up your password. If you cannot recall your password, use the Forgot my Password link on the log in page.
My email address does not work when logging in. Who should I reach out to?
- Check to ensure your entered email address is what is entered in Workday. If they are the same, there might be an issue with the integration. Please reach out to Humanity Support.
- If you have not entered a Work email address in Workday, use the email address entered in the home email address field.
As an Employee, where do I view my schedule? Where do I go to trade/drop/release a shift?
Employees can view their schedules in both Humanity and Workday.
- Over the Workday - schedules are ‘view only’ no changes can be made.
- Trade/Drop/Release and all changes on shifts will be done in Humanity.
How does my name show up in Humanity when I have two last names?
- If an employee has 2 last names, the integration will sync only the last name which is defined in Workday as LEGAL Last Name.
- The same applies to first names - if the employee has 2 first names, the integration will sync only the first name which is defined in Workday as LEGAL First Name.
As an Employee, where do I request Leave?
- Time off and leave of absence is requested In Workday.
- If your request has not been approved, your manager will need to complete this action in Workday.
As an Employee, where/how do I set my availability?
- Availability is set in Humanity.
Can I update my last name in Humanity due to a name change?
- For all employees that are synced from Workday to Humanity, any name changes should be changed in Workday, and the integration will sync this over in Humanity.
I’ve worked at this company previously but have returned. Can I log in using the same username and password as before?
- No, your user will have been deactivated in Humanity, and then re-activated once hired again in Workday. The username and password will be reset and you will get a new username and password. Your previous email address has already been used so your new email address (when logging into Humanity) will require an added suffix (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.