The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to view and manage shift breaks on your Android device, while ensuring compliance requirements are met.
Access from your: Android device
Applies to: Admin/Managers, Supervisors, and Schedulers
Manage shift breaks by adding, editing or deleting them on your Android device for your staff, while being on the go.
Things to know before you begin:
- Enable 'location-based break rules' to automatically create paid and unpaid breaks' must be enabled under 'Settings' module.
- The 'Break Rule' must be applied next to the Location where the shift is created if you want shift breaks to be auto-assigned.
- If breaks are not compliant with the break rule, break conflicts will pop-up.
- If you want to create customized schedule shift breaks, you must not add break rule next to the location.
- Position break rules will not be accessible if you have applied location-based break rules.
- If you want to use 'Break' feature with 'Time Clock', using position break rules is recommended.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Add a Shift Break
- Edit an Existing Shift Break
- Delete a Shift Break
Add a Shift Break
Step 1: Under ShiftPlanning module > All view section, tap on the upcoming shift that you wish to edit the shift breaks for, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Tap the Pencil icon from the top right-corner > Scroll down and tap Breaks tab, it will redirect you to the next page where you will be able to add the shift breaks, as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Tap the Plus (+) icon to add a break > Select the Break Type > Add Time > Tap Save, as shown in Image 3.
Edit an Existing Shift Break
Step 1: Tap on the existing shift break to edit it > Edit the existing date & time by adding a new time> Tap 'Save' tab after every change you make, as shown in Image 4.
Delete a Shift Break
Step 1: Tap on the existing break detail which you wish to delete > Tap Delete tab to remove it > Confirm with OK from the pop-up box, as shown in Image 5.
Note: The assigned employee won’t be able to see the shift or be notified until you Publish the shift individually or Publish the schedule.
For more information about publishing the shift or schedule, go to Publish Schedule.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.