The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to drop a shift for others to pick up.
Access from your: Android device
Applies to: Employees
If you are not available to work on one of your shifts, you can drop it with the access given by the management. Once you will drop the shift, your manager will be notified and will be able to assign it to one of your coworkers.
Things to know before you begin:
- 'Employees can drop shifts' must be enabled under the Settings module.
- Dropping the shift does not require any approval from, however, a notification is sent to the management to notify them.
- A notification is sent once an individual drops a shift to the scheduler if he/she is assigned to that position, otherwise, the manager and supervisor will receive the notification alert.
- You can’t undo the action if you have confirmed dropping the shift.
- Once an employee drops a shift, it will become an empty shift (which means no employee will be assigned to it).
Drop a Shift
Step 1: Under the ShiftPlanning module tap My section to access your shifts > Tap on the shift you are interested to drop, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Tap on Can't work > Select Drop Shift option > Confirm with OK from the pop-up, as shown in Image 2.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.