Integration is bi-directional and supports the following data synchronization:
- From Oracle HCM to Humanity: Employee’s personal data and Absence data
- From Humanity to Oracle HCM: Schedule data synchronization
Synchronization is automatically triggered every hour.
Oracle HCM is the source of truth for employee and absence data. Data synced from Oracle HCM to Humanity shouldn’t be changed in Humanity.
Humanity is the source of truth for schedule data. Data synced from Humanity to Oracle HCM shouldn’t be changed in Oracle HCM.
Employee Data Synchronization
The integration will synchronize personal data for the employees that exist in the Oracle HCM account for which the integration is activated.
All employees from Oracle HCM will be synced to Humanity as users with Employee account permissions.
To set proper account permissions per user in Humanity, go to Staff > Click on the employee name to access their profile > Navigate to Permissions > Select the required permission level from the Account Type drop-down menu.
On the initial Employee sync, only the data for active employees will be synced from Oracle HCM to Humanity, while the data for terminated/deactivated users will be omitted.
Each newly-created employee account in Humanity will have the status Active to reflect that the employee is active in Oracle HCM. Therefore, an activation email (for password setup) won’t be sent to the employee.
If you would like to send an activation email to a single, newly-created employee in Humanity, you will need to:
- Change that user’s status to Inactive in their Humanity profile
- Go to the Not Activated list from the left side panel within the Staff module
- Choose Send Activation E-mail Now
If you would like to send an activation email to a few, or all, newly-created employees in Humanity, you will need to:
- Go to the Staff module and select the employees
- Click on the Bulk Edit button in the upper-right corner
- Select Send Activation e-mail within the Bulk Edit options
- Go to Next Step on the bottom of the page
- Confirm the action by clicking on Confirm
The following Employee data is synced from Oracle HCM to Humanity:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Preferred Name
- Work Email
- Work Phone / Work Mobile Phone / Home Phone
- Employee Number
- Employee Status
Integration recognizes and synchronizes the data from Oracle HCM to Humanity upon the following actions:
- Employee account created in Oracle HCM
- Employee information updated in Oracle HCM — first name, last name, phone, email, status change, etc.
- Employee deactivated/terminated in Oracle HCM
- The integration will sync both users defined as Employees and as Workers (contingent workers, contractors) in Oracle.
- Personal data set for Workers is limited, and some data won’t be synced to Humanity, such as their status (all Workers will be set to active in Humanity).
- Phone Number sync: The integration will first search for a Work Phone in Oracle HCM; if one is not set, it will look for a Work Mobile Phone to sync; if one is not set, it will look for a Home Phone to sync.
Absence Data Synchronization
Integration supports synchronization of employee’s Absence data from Oracle HCM Time & Labor module to Humanity.
The Absence data that is synced from Oracle HCM to Humanity include:
- Absence Type Name
- Approved Absence Request Start Time
- Approved Absence Request End Time
The integration recognizes and syncs data upon the following actions:
- Approved absence request created in Oracle HCM
- Approved absence request updated in Oracle HCM
- Approved absence request deleted/ canceled in Oracle HCM
The integration will sync absence requests which are approved one month in the past and three months in the future, relevant to the date of the current sync runtime. For example, if the current sync is running on January 1st, 2020, it will import all changes that occurred in the period from December 1st, 2019 to March 31st, 2020.
- Approved absence requests that have been synced will be visible in Humanity’s Dashboard On Leave widget, Leave module (Upcoming Absence), ShiftPlanning module (Schedule Overview, Leave Schedule, Staff Availability), Staff module (within employee profile in the Leave section), and Reports module (Vacations, Vacation Summary reports).
- Absence request types in Oracle HCM may be in both hourly or daily units, but all approved absence requests will be synced to Humanity as full-day requests only.
- If an employee takes an hourly absence request (for example, three hours on Thursday), that employee will be shown in the Leave Schedule as being unavailable for the whole day. The Manager will be able to see how many hours the employee is actually unavailable by pulling up the Vacation Summary Report (in Humanity’s Reports module). The information will be available in the Comments column.
- For an accurate entitled absence days/hours amount, please refer to Oracle HCM as the primary source of truth for absence data. This information will not be synced to Humanity. In Humanity, Entitled Leave Days for each synced absence type will be set to 365/366 days by default.
Schedule Data Synchronization
Integration supports synchronization of employee’s Schedule data from Humanity to Oracle HCM Time & Labor module.
The schedule data synced from Humanity to Oracle HCM include:
- Shifts Start Time
- Shift End Time
- Shift Employee (employee for whom the shift was created)
Integration recognizes and syncs data from Humanity to Oracle HCM upon the following actions:
- A shift for an employee is created and published in Humanity
- A shift for an employee is updated/edited and published in Humanity
- A published shift for an employee is deleted / employee is removed from the shift in Humanity
- If the setting Use the Draft/Publish Schedule Method is OFF, all created shifts will be synced to Oracle HCM.
- If the setting Use the Draft/Publish Schedule Method is ON, only the published shifts will be synced to Oracle HCM.
- To see their synced schedule in Oracle HCM, employees have to navigate to Me > Time & Absences > Calendar.
- To see their team synced schedule in Oracle HCM, employees have to navigate to Me > Time & Absences > Team Schedule.
- To see their subordinates’ synced schedule in Oracle HCM, managers have to navigate to My Client Groups > Time Management > Planned Work Schedule.
To activate Humanity’s integration with Oracle HCM and enable data synchronization, a certain set of requirements related to Humanity and Oracle HCM must be fulfilled.
Humanity Application Requirements
The integration user must have an active Humanity account with administrator access.
The Group Accounts Platform (GAP) module must be activated. Please contact your Humanity representative for details.
The preconditions for Absence sync activation are:
- Activated Employee sync;
- The Leave settings (Settings > Leave and Availability) must be set to the values shown in the following screenshot:
- The Deduct weekends from leave requests option under Advanced settings for the Leave module (Settings > Leave and availability) has to be set in a way that none of the days are selected. See the screenshot below:
The precondition for Schedule sync activation is activated Employee sync.
Oracle HCM Application Requirements
The following configuration is required in Oracle:
- Humanity Integration User needs to be created;
- Specific role/permission access granted to Humanity Integration User in order to fetch data from / send data to Oracle HCM.
Integration Setup Instructions - Integration Activation (Authentication)
Step 1: Integration activation steps are as follows:
- Log in to your Humanity account and click on the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
- Go to the Integrations module listed under the Integration section on the left side panel.
- Choose Oracle integration from the Integrations main page.
Step 2: On the next page, click on the Activate button.
Step 3: A sidebar will appear and you will be asked to fill in the following company information, followed by a prompt to click on the Authorize button:
- Company Subdomain (customer's defined company subdomain on Oracle HCM account)
- Domain (customer's used Oracle HCM domain)
- Oracle HCM Username
- Oracle HCM Password
Step 4: Authentication between the two apps will be completed and the integration will be activated.
- If the Integrations module is not listed, please contact Humanity’s Support team (email@example.com).
- Any changes made to the login credentials or permissions/role setup of the Oracle Integration User will result in integration deactivation.
Employee Sync Activation
In order to enable the Employee sync, the requirements from the “Integration Requirements” section must be fulfilled.
Employee sync activation steps:
- Click on Start Sync for Employee Sync, located in the Oracle integration page Sync Details section.
- The Employee sync is now activated and the initial Employee data sync will begin immediately.
Important Note: The initial Employee sync may take more than an hour. No changes can be made to the integration configuration while the sync is running.
Absence Sync Activation
In order to enable the Absence sync, the requirements from the “Integration Requirements” section must be fulfilled.
Absence sync activation steps:
Step 1: Click on Start Sync for Absence Sync located in the Oracle integration page Sync Details section.
Step 2: The Absence sync is activated and the initial Absence data sync will begin once the next scheduled Employee sync has been completed.
- If the Employee sync is deactivated, Absence sync will be automatically deactivated as well.
- Absence requests synced from Oracle must not be submitted/approved in Humanity.
- Upon Absence sync activation, the following Humanity settings will be automatically set and must not be changed in order for the Absence sync to work properly: The settings under the Current Leave Types section ( Settings > Leave and Availability) will be set to the values shown in the following screenshot. These settings apply only to Time Off types synced from Oracle Time & Attendance to Humanity.
Schedule Sync Activation
In order to enable the Schedule sync, the requirements from the “Integration Requirements” section must be fulfilled.
Schedule sync activation steps:
Step 1: Click the Start Sync for Schedule sync located in the Oracle integration page Sync Details section.
Step 2: The Schedule sync is activated and the initial Schedule data sync will begin once the next scheduled Employee sync has been completed.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.