The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to release a shift for others to pick up.
Access from your: iOS device
Applies to: Employees
If you're unable to work one of your shifts, you can release the shift so the other employees can pick it up leaving it up to the manager to decide whom they would like to assign the shift.
Things to know before you begin:
- 'Employees can release shifts' must be enabled under the ‘Settings’ module to give access to your staff for this feature.
- If the approval settings are enabled by the management, then the manager approval is must required for shift trade which may delay how quickly a shift is offered to your coworkers.
- It is up to the manager to approve or reject the request.
- More than one potential cover can be selected.
- You can only view potential covers who will be in the same position as yours.
- You will also be able to choose staff members who are unavailable as a potential cover when requesting a shift release.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Release a Shift
- Cancel Your Release Request
Release a Shift
Step 1: Tap the 'ShiftPlanning' tab > Tap 'My Shifts' tab > Tap on the shift you are interested in to trade as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Tap 'Can't work' tab > Tap 'Release Shift' tab > Type the 'Release Shift Reason' > Tap 'Continue' tab as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Either 'Select All' tab or select one or multiple employees > Tap 'Next' tab as shown in Image 3.
That's it, the release is successfully made, however, according to the settings defined by the manager, you would have wait for either manager's or colleague's confirmation as shown in Image 4.
Cancel Your Release Request
Step 1: Tap 'Cancel Release' tab if you want to cancel your release request > Tap 'Yes' tab to confirm from the pop-up box as shown in Image 5.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!