The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to drop a shift for others to pick up.
Access from your: iOS device
Applies to: Employees
If you’re unable to work one of your shifts, you can drop your shift to let your manager know and get it reassigned to one of your coworkers.
Things to know before you begin:
- 'Employees can drop shifts' must be enabled under the ‘Settings’ module.
- Dropping the shift does not require any approval from, however, a notification is sent to the management to notify them.
- A notification is sent once an individual drops a shift to the scheduler if he/she is assigned to that position, otherwise, manager and supervisor will receive the notification alert.
- You can’t undo the action if you have confirmed dropping the shift.
- Once an employee drops a shift, it will become an empty shift (which means no employee will be assigned on it).
Drop a Shift
Step 1: Tap the 'ShiftPlanning' tab > Tap 'My Shifts' tab > Tap on the shift you are interested in to trade as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Tap 'Can't work' tab > Tap 'Drop Shift' tab > Tap 'Drop' tab from the pop-up to confirm as shown in Image 2.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!