The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to view and manage shift breaks on your iOS device, while ensuring compliance requirements are met.
Access from your: iOS device
Applies to: Admin/Managers, Supervisors and Schedulers
Manage shift breaks by adding, editing or deleting them on your iOS device for your staff, while ensuring compliance requirements are met.
Things to know before you begin:
- Enable 'location-based break rules' to automatically create paid and unpaid breaks' must be enabled under 'Settings' module.
- The 'Break Rule' must be applied next to the Location where the shift is created if you want shift breaks to be auto-assigned.
- If breaks are not compliant with the break rule, break conflicts will pop-up.
- If you want to create customize schedule shift breaks, you must not add break rule next to the location.
- Position break rules will not be accessible if you have applied location-based break rules.
- If you want to use 'Break' feature with 'Time Clock', using position break rules is recommended.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Add a Shift Break
- Edit an Existing Shift Break
- Delete a Shift Break
Add a Shift Break
Step 1: Tap 'ShiftPlanning' tab > Switch to 'All' view from the top > Tap on the upcoming shift that you wish to edit the shift breaks for as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Tap 'Edit' tab from the top right-corner > Scroll down and tap 'Breaks' tab, it will redirect you to the next page where you will be able to add the shift breaks as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Tap the '+' icon to add a break > Select the Break Type > Add date and time > Tap 'Save' as shown in Image 3.
Edit an Existing Shift Break
Step 1: Tap on the existing shift break to edit it > Edit the existing date & time by adding new time> Tap 'Save' tab after every change you make as shown in Image 4.
Delete a Shift Break
Step 1: Tap on the existing break detail which you wish to delete > Tap 'Delete' tab to remove it > Tap 'Delete' tab to confirm it from the pop-up box as shown in Image 5.
Note: The assigned employee won’t be able to see the shift or be notified until you ‘Publish’ the shift individually or ‘Publish’ the schedule.
For more information about publishing the shift or schedule, go to ‘Publish Schedule.’
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!