The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to trade a shift (swap shifts) with one of your coworkers.
Access from your: iOS device
Applies to: Employees
If you're unable to work one of your shifts, you can trade the shift (swap shifts) with one of your coworkers.
Things to know before you begin:
- 'Employees can trade shifts' must be enabled under the ‘Settings’ module to give access for trading shifts.
- If the approval settings are enabled by the management, then the manager approval is must required for shift trade which may delay how quickly a shift is offered to your coworkers.
- It is up to the manager to approve or reject the request.
- When you create a trade, the shift is still your responsibility until it is picked up by one of your coworkers.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Trade or Swap Shifts
- Cancel Your Trade Requests
Trade or Swap Shifts
Step 1: Tap the 'ShiftPlanning' tab > Tap 'My Shifts' tab > Tap on the shift you are interested in to trade as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Tap 'Can't work' tab > Tap 'Trade Shift' tab > Type the 'Trade Shift Reason' > Tap 'Continue' tab as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Select an employee from the list or use search bar if you have a particular coworker in mind who could potentially be able to pick up that shift > Tap 'Send Request' tab as shown in Image 3.
That's it, the trade is successfully made, however, according to the settings defined by the manager, you would have wait for either manager's or colleague's confirmation as shown in Image 4.
Cancel Your Trade Request
Step 1: Tap 'Cancel Trade' tab if you want to cancel the trade later as shown in Image 5.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!