The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to create a recurring shift from your mobile.
Access from your: iOS device
Applies to: Admin/Managers, Supervisors and Schedulers
The ability to set recurring shifts greatly speeds up the scheduling process.
Things to know before you begin:
- You can navigate the schedule to different dates by clicking the arrows found at top mid of the app.
- You can use the filters to set the filters and narrow down the view of the shifts.
- It is optional to create a recurring shift and have them repeated for the 'n' number of times in future.
- Shift breaks will be auto-assigned to the shift under 'Manage Breaks' tab, if settings are enabled against location-based break rule.
- Under 'Repeat Until'; you must choose the date when the shift will stop repeating.
- 'Custom cycle' cannot be set as a frequency under "Repeat Options" from mobile application.
Create a Recurring Shift
Step 1: Tap the 'ShiftPlanning' tab > Tap the '+' icon > Define the parameters > Select the 'Position' > Tap 'Save & Continue' tab as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Tap 'Employees' tab > Assign Employees (Optional) > Tap 'Done' tab as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Tap 'Advanced Options' tab > Tap 'Repeat' tab > Tap 'Repeat Options' tab as shown in Image 3.
Step 4: Select the frequency > Define 'Repeat until' tab > Either select 'Shift time only' tab or 'With employees' tab > Tap 'Done' tab > Tap 'Done' tab > Tap 'Save' tab as shown in Image 4.
- Shift Time Only: A series of empty shifts will be created so you can assign it to staff later.
- With Employees: The shift will be set to recur in the future with the current shift's staff assignment.
Step 5: Tap 'Publish' tab > Select the publish options > Enable the toggle button if you want to resend the acknowledgment requests as shown in Image 5.
Note: The assigned employee won’t be able to see the shift or be notified until you ‘Publish’ the shift.
That’s it a recurring shift will be generated.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!