The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand the list of tabs and their descriptions under 'Profile'.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers/Admin, Supervisors, Schedulers and Employees
Humanity allows you to view and edit your "Profile" where many useful features and information can be found. A profile shows different tabs which you can use to customize personal and professional details.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- List of Different Tabs Under Profile
- Description of Tabs Under Profile
List of Different Tabs Under Profile
Note: The visibility of the tabs varies according to the permission level given by the Manager in Humanity.
Description of Tabs Under Profile
This tab represents the following information:
- Employee Details
- Admin Actions: Enable/Disable Your Staff or Delete Your Staff
- Positions assignment
- Skills Assignment: Add Skill Expiration
- View Upcoming Shifts/Recent Shifts: View Your Schedule or View Your Shift Details
- Statistics: Karma
- Employee files
- List of Approvers
- Personal Data
Managers and supervisors can edit details for their own profile as well as an employee’s profile whereas schedulers and employees can edit their profiles only.
You can set the weekly availability which will repeat every week, the same day & time unless changed otherwise. You can select the time-slot you want to set yourself unavailable or drag to select multiple time-slots.
Future availability is a one-time availability set for a specific date in future.
Managers can set entitled number of days for each leave type and also assign leave types per employee for which employee can submit a request.
Managers can set passwords or reset for your staff. All employees can set passwords for themselves.
You can customize or restrict settings for receiving notifications under your profile which will overwrite the global settings.
Humanity can notify you via e-mail & SMS each time actions take place that involves you. You can toggle on/off e-mail & SMS as well as control whether you are notified:
- Once of each action before you log in to your account again
- Always notified when that action happens
- Access privileges determine what users can see and do in Humanity. There are ‘six’ account types: Employee, Scheduler, Supervisor, Manager, Accountant and Schedule Viewer.
- Scheduler permission level can be best defined as ‘Shift Manager’. The scheduler(s) has permissions to manage shifts, requests, approval, timesheets, availabilities, and vacations requested for those positions.
- A scheduler can also be permitted to add and remove staff for the positions that 'scheduler(s)' can manage.
Employee profile has the field for hourly wage rate, which is the default rate that applies when employees' income is calculated. However, when the rate varies per position (job), managers can set specific wage rates per position.
Payroll tab also offers the greater flexibility to managers and supervisors in terms of setting up different rate cards when the allowed overtime or special hours are set differently for each position.
'Pinging' an employee allows you to instantly send them a message via e-mail & SMS to alert them of something or to get in contact quickly.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!