The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how you can use the 'Training' module to get your staff on-boarded, refresh with up-to-date information.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Manager/Admin and Supervisor
The ‘Training' tab is the central hub where you can easily get your staff on-boarded, refresh with company policies and procedures, product/service related up-to-date information.
Online training can save managers both time and money and has grown in popularity as businesses move other HR duties to the cloud.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin or supervisor access privileges in Humanity to have complete access to use all the functionalities related to the training module.
- The manager must enable ‘Training' module settings to make it visible to the employees otherwise they won’t be able to view the module.
- Manager or Supervisor must enable the options for staff to have access to various features related to Training.
To learn different options that a manager or supervisor can enable, go to 'Customize Training Topic by Using Various Options.'
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Training Sections
- Training Topics
- Customize Training Topic by Using Various Options
- Fast Assignment
- Upload a File To the Training Topic
- Sync Training Sections to Child Accounts
- View Training Section or Topic Completion Status
‘Sections' serve as a unit to organize training 'Topics' (You can think of them as a folder). Learn how to add, edit or delete them.
For more information to add, edit or delete training sections, go to 'Add, Edit or Delete Training Section.'
‘Topics’ are simple and are used to train your staff under 'Training' module added below the ‘Sections’. Learn how to add, edit or delete them.
For more information to add, edit or delete training topics, go to 'Add, Edit or Delete Training Topic.'
Customize Training Topic by Using Various Options
Add details to the training topics using various options for customizing it according to your business requirements.
List of details you may customize according to your business requirement:
- Title: Name of the Topic.
- Silent Edit: Enable it, so that if any modifications are made it is not noticed by your staff.
- Do not edit quiz: Enable it and your staff won't be able to edit the quiz if added.
- Attachments: Upload a file under the training either in 'JPEG' or 'PNG' format.
- Content: Add text in the box if required under training topic.
- Section: Assign the section under which this topic should fall.
- Download PDF: Allow your staff to download the training topic as PDF.Note: 'Employee can download training topic as PDF file' must be enabled from the Settings module. However, there's also a setting in each topic to override this global setting.
- Comments/Homework: Allow your staff to add comments while completing the training topic and when it’s set as ‘Homework’ only the employees that are tagged can send homework.You can set the 'Comments'/ 'Homework' to show only for ‘Managers’ or for ‘Managers/Employees’.
- Video: Add URL of any video you wish to add under the training topic.
- Tutorial: Assign Humanity App's tutorial under the training topic.
- Threshold: Define the minimum threshold % for quiz pass between 0-100.
- Digital Signature: Enable it so that your staff is asked to digitally sign it once the training is completed. The sign should be as the same format as it is added under your profile. Assignee's will see ‘Sign here’ box, they must sign it and click ‘Submit Signature’.
Note: The 'Digital Signature’ feature does not work with 'Homework' option.
For more information to give access to your staff by customizing training topic using various options, go to 'Customize Training Topic by Using Various Options.'
You can use the 'Fast Assignment' feature to quickly assign staff to your training topics visible in one convenient place.
Select the topics you want to assign and select who must complete it.
While saving the changes, you will see two choices to either 'Overwrite Existing Assignments' or to 'Append to Existing Assignments'.
- The append option will add the assignments to the ones already there.
- The overwrite option will reset all the assignments as you currently see them.
For more information to assign multiple sections, go to 'Assign Multiple Sections/Topics to Staff.'
Upload a File To the Training Topic
Upload files directly to topics ensuring that these are reviewed by staff along with the topic.
For more information to upload a file to the training topic for your staff, go to 'Upload a File To the Training Topic.'
Sync Training Sections to Child Accounts
Synchronize the complete training sections from the parent account into the respective child accounts.
For more information to sync training sections to child accounts if using Group Account, go to 'Sync Training Sections to Child Accounts.'
View Training Section or Topic Completion Status
You can view the completion status when employees complete a section or a specific training topic.
When you click on the ‘Section’ name, you will view the percentage of completion status on top of your staff name for all the sections.
When you click on the 'Topic' name, you will see a breakdown of the employees that have completed the 'Topic', who need to re-complete it and those that have not completed yet.
- The staff who have completed the 'Topic' will have a green check by their names.
- The staff who need to complete the topic again will have the 'Yellow Icon'.
- The names that have no symbol/Icon are the ones who didn't complete the topic yet.
For more information to view training section or topic completion status, go to 'View Training Section or Topic Completion Status.'
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!