The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to add, edit and delete a training topic for your staff under the ‘Training’ Module.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Manager/Admin and Supervisor
‘Topics’ are simple and are used to train your staff under 'Training' module added below the ‘Sections’. Learn how to add, edit or delete them.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin and supervisors access privileges in Humanity to add, edit or delete training topics.
- The manager must enable ‘Training Module’ settings to make it visible to the employees otherwise they won’t be able to view the module.
- A ‘Section’ must be added first to add a training ‘Topic.’
- Removing ‘Sections’ will remove ‘Topics’ from those sections as well. This action cannot be reversed nor ‘Topics’ can be recovered once deleted.
- You must be under ‘Overview’ tab as shown below to add another section or topic.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Add a Training Topic
- Edit a Training Topic
- Delete a Training Topic
Add a Training Topic
Step 1: Click Training module from the top-panel > Click 'Add Topic' under your desired section > Type the name of the Training topic in the pop-up box > Click 'OK' to save the topic as shown in Image 1.
- You may select the section from the left-hand side and add topics under that section only.
- Once a topic is added, you must edit to further customize it or add content in it.
Edit a Training Topic
Step 1: Click on the name of topic > Click Edit tab from top-right as shown in Image 2.
Step 2: Edit the information > Add Quiz > Assign Staff according to your business requirement > Click 'Save Changes' tab as shown in Image 3.
List of details you may customize according to your business requirement:
- Title: Name of the Topic.
- Silent Edit: Enable it, so that if any modifications are made it is not noticed by your staff.
- Do not edit quiz: Enable it and your staff won't be able to edit the quiz if added.
- Attachments: Upload a file under the training either in 'JPEG' or 'PNG' format.
- Content: Add text in the box if required under training topic.
- Section: Assign the section under which this topic should fall.
Download PDF: Allow your staff to download the training topic as PDF.
Note: 'Employee can download training topic as PDF file' must be enabled from the Settings module. However, there's also a setting in each topic to override this global setting.
- Comments/Homework: Allow your staff to add comments while completing the training topic and when it’s set as ‘Homework’ only the employees that are tagged can send homework.
- Video: Add URL of any video you wish to add under the training topic.
- Tutorial: Assign Humanity App's tutorial under the training topic.
- Threshold: Define the minimum threshold % for quiz pass between 0-100.
- Digital Signature: Enable it so that your staff is asked to digitally sign it once the training is completed. The sign should be as the same format as it is added under your profile. Assignee's will see ‘Sign here’ box, they must sign it and click ‘Submit Signature’.
Note: The 'Digital Signature’ feature does not work with 'Homework' option.
Here your can add a multiple choice quiz to your topic to make sure your team is up-to-speed! Once they go to finish a topic or sign off on one, the quiz will pop up.
Step 1: Click 'Add Question' tab to add questions > Click 'Add Answer' tab to add answers > Click 'Save Changes' tab as shown in Image 4.
Note: Select the right answer by selecting the bullet point next to the answer.
Under 'Who must complete this?' You can assign staff to the topic by 'Position', 'Group', 'Skill' or 'User'.
Step 1: Assign the topic to your staff by clicking the arrow icon from the right-hand side panel according to your requirement > Click 'Save Changes' tab as shown in Image 5.
Delete a Training Topic
Step 1: Click 'Delete Topic' tab under the respective topic to delete the topic as shown in Image 6.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!