The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how you can troubleshoot to resolve if the time clock terminal is set up but employees are getting invalid terminal error while clocking in.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers/Admin & Supervisors
If the time clock terminal is set up but employees are getting invalid terminal error while clocking in, follow the steps in this article to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin or supervisor access privileges to perform troubleshooting steps in this article.
- If you have a Scheduler or an Employee level access, you’ll have to ask for help from your Manager when you get to those steps.
1. Possible Cause - If terminal is IP based: IP address is not Static. Dynamic IPs keep on fluctuating hence, this error occurs when the IP of the Wi-Fi has been reset.
Solution: Either IP address should be static or you must delete and recreate the time clock terminal.
2. Possible Cause: Either you or someone else might have removed cookies and caches from the system.
Solution: The manager would have to delete the time clock location along with the terminal and re-create them.
To delete or set up the time clock terminal. Follow instructions in the article: 'Setup or Delete Time Clock Locations and Terminals.'
Note: You must remove the terminal first which is linked to the location and then delete the time clock location.
3. Possible Cause - "Cookies" & “Cache” which helps speed up your browsing by saving frequently opened web pages is overloaded or sessions are mixed, they would get this error message.
Solution: First open the website in incognito window if it gets opens correctly then you must clear your browsers cookies and caches under browser settings.
Note: All browsers have different way to clear cookies and caches.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!