The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how you can troubleshoot to resolve if you are not able to view open shifts.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers/Admin & Supervisors
If you are not able to view open shifts, follow the steps in this article to troubleshoot and resolve the issues.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin or supervisor access privileges to perform some troubleshooting steps in this article.
- If you have a Scheduler or an Employee level access, you’ll have to ask for help from your Manager when you get to those steps.
1. Possible Cause: Shifts are not published by Manager, Supervisor or Scheduler.
Solution: Publish the shifts for your staff to view or pick it up.
To learn more about publishing the shift. Follow instructions in the article: "Publish Shifts & Schedules."
2. Possible Cause: Staff is not assigned to that position.
Solution: Assign your staff to that position so that they are able to pick up those shifts.
To assign position to the staff. Follow instructions in the article: "Assign or Remove Position(s) in Bulk" or "Assign or Remove Position(s) of an Employee via Profile."
3. Possible Cause: Shift is getting "Overlapped" with another scheduled shift.
Solution: Staff won't be able to pick up an overlapping shift. However, you can schedule the shift manually if you want an employee to work even if the shift is overlapped.
4. Possible Cause: Picking up the shift will put the staff in overtime.
Solution: Your manager should set your weekly or daily working hours from 'Payroll Settings' under Payroll module. However, if you want to set it for a specific staff member from employee's profile under 'Edit Details' tab.
To customize the settings for overtime under profile. Follow instructions in the article: "Edit Details of Staff or Your's Profile."
5. Possible Cause: Manager has restrict the time frame for employees to view shifts in advance from the current date.
Solution: Your manager can set it from the drop-down according to their business requirement and you may request your manager to change it if needed from 'ShiftPlanning Options' section under 'Settings' module.
To customize payroll overtime settings under profile. Follow instructions in the article: "ShiftPlanning Options."
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!