The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how you can troubleshoot to resolve if manager or supervisor do not receive email/SMS notification for shift trade or release requests made by employee.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers/Admin & Supervisors
If you are not able to receive email or SMS notification for shift trade or release requests being a manager or supervisor, follow the steps in this article to troubleshoot and resolve the issues.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges to perform some troubleshooting steps in this article.
- If you have a Supervisor, Scheduler or an Employee level access, you’ll have to ask for help from your Manager when you get to those steps.
1. Possible cause: Manager has disabled the notification settings under the 'Settings' module.
Solution: Enable the notification settings under the 'Settings' module from 'Notifications' section.
Managers must check/uncheck the options next to notification settings as per your business requirement. Follow instructions in the article: 'Manage Notifications under Settings Module.'
2. Possible cause: Manager or Supervisor has disabled the notification settings from your 'Profile' under 'Staff' module.
Solution: Enable profile notifications from your profile under 'Staff' module from 'Notifications' tab.
Managers or Supervisors must set the notifications next to the shift trade options as per your business requirement. Follow instructions in the article: 'Manage Notifications under 'Your' Profile.'
3. Possible cause: Phone number or email address is not confirmed.
Solution: Add and Confirm your phone number or email address to receive notifications under 'Dashboard' module from the wall.
4. Possible cause: Managers or Supervisors have not enabled the settings to be part of the process of shift trades.
Solution: Enable the shift trade and release approval process settings under 'Settings' module from 'Shift Pickup, Trades and Approvals' section.
Managers must check the boxes next to shift trade and release approval process settings. Follow the instruction given in the article: 'Customize Approval Process for Shift Trade or Release.'
5. Possible cause: Scheduler is assigned to that specific position.
Solution: Remove scheduler permission level from that specific position so that being the manager/supervisor you are able to receive all the related notifications directly under 'Staff' module from 'Permission' tab.
However, if a scheduler is assigned to a specific position you will still receive notifications as a dashboard widget.
Managers must uncheck the box next to the position you wish to remove. Follow the instruction given in the article: 'Allocate Scheduler Permissions.'
Note: It is a default behaviour of the application which does not send a notification to manager/supervisor via email/SMS but sends it to the scheduler if the scheduler is assigned to that specific position as he/she gets to be the main approver.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!