The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand different ways to set the time zone according to your business requirements.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers, and Employees
Learn different ways to set the time zone according to your business requirements.
You may set time zone in three ways:
- Under 'Settings' module: Your account's time zone is set by default based on your location when the account is created and will determine what time zone schedules and time sheets are created. However, admin/managers can update it later under 'Settings' module.
- Under the 'Staff' module: If you have multiple locations in different time zones, you can set up a custom time zone for each location while creating a location. However, admin/managers can update it later under the 'Staff' module.
- Under their 'Profile': If your employees are in a different time zone, the employee or a manager can set a different time zone under their profiles. Changing the employee profile time zone will override the company time zone for that particular employee and will translate shifts or time sheets times according to the employee time zone.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have manager/admin access privileges to set time zone under the "Settings and Staff" module.
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisor, schedulers, or employee access privileges to edit time zone under their profile.
- Managers must give access to the staff to edit their profile under the Settings module for editing time zone.
- Your account's time zone is set by default based on your location when the account is created.
- Changing the company account's time zone will adjust shift times on the schedule. If you are using 'Time Clock' module, time punches are also adjusted.
- Changing the employee profile time zone will override the company time zone for that particular staff.
- If employees' custom time zone is not set for their profiles, you can set the 'Primary Location' on the employee profile and the time zone of that primary location will be the default time zone for that employee.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Company Account Time Zone
- Employee Time Zone
- Location Time Zone
Company Account Time Zone
Step 1: Go to Settings Module i.e. the gear icon at the top-right > Select Account tab from the left-hand side > Select the time zone from the drop-down next to Time zone option under Local section > Click Save Settings tab, as shown in Image 1.
Employee Time Zone
Step 1: Go to Staff module from the top panel > Click on the name of the employee to open their profile, as shown in Image 2.
Step 2: Click Edit Details tab > Either select the time zone or the primary location from the drop-down > Click Save Employee tab, as shown in Image 3.
Note: By default, this field is set to Location/Company default.
Location Time Zone
Step 1: Go to the Staff module from the top-panel > Click Locations & Positions tab > Select the time zone from the drop-down > Click OK, as shown in Image 4.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.