The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand different ways to set the time zone according to your business requirements.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers and Employees
Learn different ways to set the time zone according to your business requirements.
You may set time zone in three ways:
- Under 'Settings' module: Your account's time zone is set by default based on your location when the account is created and will determine what time zone schedules and time sheets are created in. However, admin/managers can update it later under 'Settings' module.
- Under the 'Staff' module: If you have multiple locations in different time zones, you can setup a custom time zone for each location while creating location. However, admin/managers can update it later under the 'Staff' module.
- Under their 'Profile': If your employees are in a different time zone, the employee or a manager can set a different time zone under their profiles. Changing the employee profile time zone will override the company time zone for that particular employee and will translate shifts or time sheets times according to the employee time zone.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges to set time zone under "Settings and Staff" module.
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisor, schedulers or employee access privileges to edit time zone under their profile.
- Managers must give access to the staff to edit their profile under Settings module for editing time zone.
- Your account's time zone is set by default based on your location when the account is created.
- Changing the company account's time zone will adjust shift times on the schedule. If you are using 'Time Clock' module, time punches are also adjusted.
- Changing the employee profile time zone will override the company time zone for that particular staff.
- If employees' custom time zone is not set for their profiles, you can set the 'Primary Location' on employee profile and the time zone of that primary location will be the default time zone for that employee.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Company Account Time Zone
- Employee Time Zone
- Location Time Zone
Company Account Time Zone
Step 1: Click the ‘Settings’ Module i.e. the gear icon at the top-right > Click 'Account' tab from the left-hand side > Select the time zone from the drop-down next to Timezone option under 'Local' section > Click 'Save Settings' tab as shown in Image 1.
Employee Time Zone
Step 1: Click the staff module from the top panel > Click on the name of the employee to open their profile as shown in Image 2.
Step 2: Click 'Edit Details' tab > Either select the time zone or the primary location from the drop-down > Click 'Save Employee' tab as shown in Image 3.
Note: By default, this field is set to Location/Company default.
Location Time Zone
Step 1: Click the staff module from the top-panel > Click 'Locations & Positions' tab > Select the time zone from the drop-down > Click 'OK' as shown in Image 4.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!