The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand different ways to customize & manage the notifications settings to receive them according to your business or individual requirements.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Scheduler and Employees
Learn different ways to customize & manage the notifications settings to receive them according to your business or individual requirements.
You may manage notifications in three ways:
- Under 'Settings' module: Only managers can customize notifications under this module.
- Under the 'Staff' module: Only managers can customize notifications under this module.
- Under Your 'Profile': "Managers, Supervisor, Schedulers and Employees" can customize notifications under their profile. However, if the manager has enabled 'Force e-mail notifications' it will disallow staff to edit their e-mail notification settings - Forcing them to receive them.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges to customize or restrict settings under 'Settings' or 'Staff' module.
- You must have manager/admin, supervisors, schedulers or employees access privileges to customize or restrict settings for receiving notifications under profile which will overwrite the global settings.
- There are three ways humanity sends a notification each time an action takes place: Email, SMS and Mobile Push.
- If 'Force e-mail notifications' is enabled, you will receive all notifications even if you have disabled any notification under your profile.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Manage Notifications under 'Settings' Module
- Manage Notifications for a Position
- Manage Notifications under 'Your' Profile
Manage Notifications under 'Settings' Module
Step 1: Click the ‘Settings’ Module i.e. the gear icon at the top-right > Click 'Account' tab from the left-hand side > Click 'Advanced Settings' tab from the top as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Check/Uncheck the box next to any option listed below to enable or disable them as per your business requirement under 'Notifications' section > Click 'Save Settings' tab as shown in Image 2.
- Via e-mail: It is a global setting for enabling/disabling notifications via e-mail. Each employee also has notification settings for themselves.
- Via SMS: It is a global setting for enabling/disabling notifications via SMS. Each employee also has notification settings for themselves.
- Via Mobile Push: It is a global setting for enabling/disabling notifications via Mobile Push. Each employee also has notifications settings for themselves.
- Force e-mail Notifications: This setting disallows staff to edit their e-mail notification settings - Forcing them to receive them.
- Birthday Notifications: This setting enables/disables birthday notifications. It is a pre-requisite setting for 'Birthday Card' which will let Humanity send birthday card.
Manage Notifications for a Position
Step 1: Click the 'Staff' module from the top-panel > Click 'Locations and Positions' tab > Select 'Notifications On/Off' options from the drop-down according to your business requirement as shown in Image 3.
Note: The staff assigned to the respective position will not receive notifications if you select notifications off.
Manage Notifications under 'Your Profile'
Step 1: Click the arrow icon > Click 'Profile' tab as shown in Image 4.
Step 2: Click the 'Notifications' tab under your profile > Check/Un-check the boxes under each type to control which type of notification do you want to receive as shown in Image 5.
Step 3: Select 'Always', 'Never' or 'Once' from the drop-down next to any feature to customize receiving of notifications > Click 'Save Notification Settings' tab from the bottom to make the changes as shown in Image 6.
List of Sections to manage under your profile notifications:
- Shift Trades
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!