The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to enable location-based break rules to automatically create paid and unpaid breaks within the schedule.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers
If you want to apply location-based break rules, learn how to enable the settings for it.
Once the setting is active, you will be able to:
- Apply break rules on location level
- Get breaks created automatically on shifts
- Create paid and unpaid breaks within 'ShiftPlanning' module
- Get conflicts if managing breaks against the break rule
- Get reminders for the break start time
Things to know before begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges in Humanity to enable location-based break rules.
- The 'Break Rule' must be applied next to the location where the shift is created if you want shift breaks to be auto-assigned.
- If you want to create customize schedule shift breaks, you must not add break rule next to the location.
- Position break rules will not be accessible if you have applied location-based break rules.
- If you want to use 'Break' feature with 'Time Clock', using position break rules is recommended.
Enable Location-Based Break Rules
Step 1: Click the ‘Settings’ Module i.e. the gear icon at the top-right > Click 'Account' tab from the left-hand side > Click 'Advanced Settings' tab from the top as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Check the box next to 'Enable location-based break rules to automatically create paid and unpaid breaks' under 'Staff Settings' section > Click 'OK' from the pop-up message to confirm it > Click 'Save Settings' tab as shown in Image 2.
Note: Disabling this setting will delete all breaks within the schedule and activate previously created position-based break rules.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!