The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to create or edit work units under the ‘Settings’ module.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers
Learn how to create or edit existing work units, work units are sub-tasks on a shift that are paid in addition to an hourly wage rate.
- A cleaning business and want to pay your employees a flat rate per house they will clean.
- A sales rep getting commission per sale, a delivery person who is also compensated for the mileage covered.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges to create or edit work units.
- Tasks can also be used where you want to pay per shift/day worked against hourly wages.
- You should assign a position, otherwise, you won’t be able to use this work unit.
- To add, manage and assign work units you would need to enable work units module.
For more information about how to enable the work unit module, go to ‘Work Units Settings.'
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Create Work Units
- Edit Work Units
- Delete Work Units
Create Work Units
Step 1: Click on the ‘Settings’ Module i.e. the gear icon at the top-right > Click 'Work Units' tab from the left-hand side as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Type Name, Description, Set Pay Rate, Assign position to use this work unit > Click 'Create Work Unit' tab as shown in Image 2.
That’s it, you will be able to see a prompt message ‘Work Unit Added.’
Edit Work Units
Step 1: Select the added work unit under ‘Manage Work Units’ > Click on the existing information to edit it > Click ‘Update Work Unit’ as shown in Image 3.
Delete Work Units
Step 1: Select the added work unit under ‘Manage Work Units’ > Click Delete' tab from the bottom of the work unit to remove the work units > Click 'OK' from the pop-up box to confirm the removal as shown in Image 4.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!