The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to upload and delete files which can be shared with the staff.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers
Humanity allows the management to upload files which can be shared with the staff in your business. The example of files that you can upload could be Human Resources, Training, Events, etc.
You may upload files of the following types, with size limit of up to 10mb:
*.swf, *.jpg, *.jpeg, *.gif, *.bmp, *.png, *.doc, *.xls, *.xlsm, *.xltm, *.ppt, *.pdf, *.txt, *.xml, *.xsl, *.csv, *.css, *.zip, *.rar, *.avi, *.mpeg, *.wmv, *.mpg, *.mov, *.mp3, *.wav, *.psd, *.flv, *.docx, *.xlsx, *.ppt, *.sxw, *.sxc, *.sxi, *.odt, *.ods
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges in Humanity to upload, assign or delete a shared file.
- The files will only be visible to the staff with whom you have shared at the time of uploading.
- Your staff will be able to view the shared files under Dashboard > Shared File Widget.For more information about how staff can view the shared files, go to 'Shared Files' Widget - View ‘Shared Files.’
Upload and Assign a Shared File
Step 1: Click ‘Settings’ module > Click 'Shared Files' tab as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click the ‘Upload File’ tab > Choose the file and upload it > Click on the uploaded file to use further functions as shown in Image 2.
List of options you can use after uploading the file:
- Copying URL to share it with your staff so that they can access it directly from the URL
- Add/Remove Tags
- Give access to the file by assigning it by Position, Group, User, and Skill.
Delete a Shared File
You can delete the file by clicking ‘Delete File’ as shown in Image 3.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!