The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to set up 'Custom Prioritization for Auto-Fill Schedule' on Humanity.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers
Custom Prioritization allows your organization to prioritize employee assignments on the Humanity platform. For example, you can assign shifts to full-time employees first, and then fill empty shifts or open slots with part-time employees second.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges in Humanity to set up custom prioritization for auto fill schedule on Humanity.
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisor or scheduler access privileges in Humanity to run custom prioritization.
For more information about running custom prioritization auto schedule, go to 'Auto-fill Schedule.'
- You must reach out to get auto scheduling enable on your humanity account to use the features related to it.
- Custom Prioritization rules need to be defined in your Humanity settings to take effect.
- Custom Prioritization can only be used in the Advanced Mode of the Auto-Fill Schedule.
Custom Prioritization Settings
Step 1: Click on the ‘Settings’ Module i.e. the gear icon at the top-right > Click 'Custom Prioritization' tab under 'Auto Scheduling' tab from the left-hand side as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Check the box and select rules from the drop-down list > Click on 'Add as Scheduling Rule' tab as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Click the arrow icon to expand each field to prioritize the values > Click 'Save Settings' tab as shown in Image 3.
- Employees’ start date, employment type, and pay type can be used as default fields.
- Click 'Create additional Custom Fields' (if needed) and you may add "Option, Date, and Number" as custom fields from the Staff module as shown in Image 4.
3. If “Option” is set as the field type, field values can be added via drag-and-drop. The value at the top of the list will have the highest priority. Setting a default value is mandatory; this default will be applied for employees without a field value as shown in Image 5.
4. When “Number” is set as the field type, priority is set based on the numerical value—Lowest First (ascending) or Highest First (descending) order. Default
value is mandatory as shown in Image 6.
5. When “Date” is set as the field type, priority is set based on the date—Oldest First (ascending) or Newest First (descending) order. A default date value is also mandatory—either Today (the current date) or a custom date as shown in Image 7.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!