The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to customize the settings for the leaves in Humanity that gives you a lot of room to implement your company’s policies while using the Leave module.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers
With 'Leave' Options, you can control what your staff can take action on or view within 'Leave' module.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges in Humanity for customizing leave settings.
- Leave module must be enabled under Settings to use settings related to it.
- The scheduler can be given the access to approve or view the leave but they cannot be given the access to add or edit any leave type for any employee.
- The scheduler will only be able to view or take action on the leaves that have been requested for the position on which he/she has the permission level of the scheduler.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Leave Options (Frequently Used)
- Leave Options (Advanced Settings)
Leave Options (Frequently Used)
Step 1: Click on the ‘Settings’ Module i.e. the gear icon at the top-right > Click 'Leave & Availability' tab from the left-hand side as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Either check/uncheck the box or select the option from the drop-down next to any option listed below to enable or disable them under 'Leave' section > Click 'Save Settings' tab as shown in Image 2.
- Leave Module Enabled: It will enable the leave module and you will be able to use the features related to it.
- Employees can book vacations: It allows your staff to book vacations (leaves) from the leave types assigned to them.
- Leave requests must be booked X in advance: It restricts the days to request for leave in advance.
- Max number of staff that can be booked off at once: When enabled, this setting restricts the total number of employees that can request a leave for the same day.
Leave Options (Advanced Settings)
Step 1: Click on the ‘Settings’ Module i.e. the gear icon at the top-right > Click 'Leave & Availability' tab from the left-hand side > Click 'Advanced Settings' tab from the top as shown in Image 3.
Step 2: Either check/uncheck the box or select the option from the drop-down next to any option listed below to enable or disable them under 'Leave' section > Click 'Save Settings' tab as shown in Image 4.
- Deduct weekends from leave requests: This settings will deduct selected weekdays from leave requests for employees.
- Show deleted employees in leave approvals: It allows managers to view the leave history of the staff that has been deleted from Humanity.
- Only schedulers should receive leave request notifications: It specifies that the leave request notifications will only be sent to the schedulers, not the managers or supervisors.
- Allow schedulers to see/approve past leave requests: Gives access to the schedulers to see and make any decision on the leave requests added by the employees.
- Employees can cancel previously approved leave requests: It allows staff to remove previously approved leave requests.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!