The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to create, edit, & delete leave types for your staff.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers
Humanity allows you to create, edit, & delete different leave types for your staff. You can also customize each leave type generated.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges in Humanity to create, edit or delete leave types.
- Leave Module must be enabled to view the leave module in Humanity and use features related to it.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Create New Leave Type
- Edit Leave Type
- Delete Leave Type
Create New Leave Type
Step 1: Click ‘Settings’ Module i.e. the gear icon at the top right > Click 'Leave & Availability' tab from the left-hand side > Click the arrow icon > Click ‘New Leave Type' shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click on the box to add the name of the leave type > Type a fitting description as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: You can customize the options under any 'Leave Type' while generating them > Click 'Save Leave Type' as shown in Image 3.
Options under Leave Type:
- You can either select 'Full and Partial Day Requests' or 'Full Day Requests Only'.
- You can set the 'Max Number of Days' by Leave Type: We’ve removed the global Leave setting titled “Max Number of Days” and moved it to each individual Leave Type, now called, “Entitled number of days”.
- You can 'Limit maximum number of staff that can be booked at once'.
- You can also manage the days a leave must be booked in advance by 'Leaves must be booked X days in Advance' option.
- When adding new staff automatically assign this leave type: You can assign the leave type automatically when a new staff is added.
- You can also customize 'Leave entitlements' for each individual
- .You must enable the leave type under employees profile to give them the access to request leave.For more information about enabling the leave types or assigning entitle leave days, go to 'Enable Leave Type and Assign Entitled Leave Days'.
Edit Leave Type
Step 1: Click on any detail you desire to modify under each leave type, edit it and click 'OK' as shown in Image 4.
Note: All changes are made instantly.
Delete Leave Type
Step 1: Click 'Delete this Leave type' tab as shown in Image 5.
Step 2: Click ‘OK' to complete the process as shown in Image 6.
You will see a pop-up message confirming that the leave type has been removed as shown in Image 7.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!