The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to control what your staff can take action on and view within Time Clock module.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers
With Time Clock Options, you can control what your staff can take action on or view within 'Time Clock' module.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges in Humanity to access Time Clock Settings under Settings module.
- You must Save & Refresh for change to take effect once you modify the settings.
- Time Clock Module must be enabled to view the time clock module in Humanity and use features related to it.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Time Clock Settings (Frequently Used)
- Time Clock Settings (Advanced Settings)
Time Clock Options (Frequently Used)
Step 1: Click on the ‘Settings’ Module i.e. the gear icon at the top-right > Click 'Time Clock' tab from the left-hand side as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Either check/uncheck the box or select the option from the drop-down next to any option listed below to enable or disable them as per your business requirement > Click Save Settings as shown in Image 2.
- Time Clock Module Enable: If checked you will be able to view the time clock module in Humanity and use features related to it.
- Employees must use webcam when they clock in & out: If checked you will be able to prevent buddy clocking by requiring employees to take a snapshot of themselves when they clock in/out.
- Require GPS data when clock in & out: It is a pre-requisite setting to 'Maximum distance when clocking in or out'. If checked you will require GPS data when clocking in and out.
- Maximum distance when clocking in or out: Define the distance from the drop-down and users must be within a certain distance of the shift location to clock in or out.
- Allow clocking in and out when GPS is unavailable: If checked, employees can clock in or out when GPS is unavailable.
- Restrict Employees From Clocking In/Out: If checked, it will not allow your staff to view clock in tab and will restrict employees from clocking in or out.
- Enable Break Button: If checked, you will allow employees to use defined breaks under time clock instead of break rules in timesheet reports calculation.
- The system automatically clocks out employees after n working hours: Select time interval when you want your employees to be automatically clocked out. Enabling this settings will instantly clock out all users who are currently clocked in for more than the selected value.
- Enable Timeclock Tips: If checked, it will allow your staff to add tips under time clock module after clocking in or before clocking out.
Time Clock Options (Advanced Settings)
Step 1: Click on the ‘Settings’ Module i.e. the gear icon at the top-right > Click 'Time Clock' tab from the left-hand side > Click 'Advanced Settings' tab from the top as shown in Image 3.
Step 2: Either check/uncheck the box or select the option from the drop-down next to any option listed below to enable or disable them as per your business requirement > Click Save Settings as shown in Image 4.
- Allow employees on mobile app to clock in & out if camera isn't available: If checked, this will allow employees to clock in or out from mobile devices even if photo is required.
- Webcam resolution: You will be able to choose which resolution should be used for webcam capture.
- Show address under time clock map: If checked, it will show address under time clock map.
- Enable pre-clock in option: It is a pre-requisite setting to 'Pre-clock in is required before clock in'. If checked, it will allow employees to notify their managers that they have left their home and are on a way to the job.
- Pre-clock in is required before clock in: If checked, this setting will make it mandatory to mark themselves on their way and then clock in.
- Lock time-clocking to specified locations: If checked, it will prevent off-location clocking. You must enable this setting if you have set up time clock terminals & locations under Time Clock module.
- Timeclock must have position set: Mandatory position assignment required for staff to add while clocking in or out.
- Timeclock must have remote site set: Mandatory remote site assignment required for staff to add while clocking in or out.
Require Notes when Clocking-Out: Makes it mandatory for staff to add notes to a clock time before they can clock out.
Note: Not available in time clock terminals.
- Enable Scheduled Details In Timeclock Manage Section: If checked, you will be able to view schedule details and compare it with actual clocked in/out time under timesheets.
- Show detailed Break Times in Timeclock Manage Section: If checked, you will be able to view break time details under timesheets.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!