The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to control what your staff can take action on and view within ShiftPlanning module.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers
With ShiftPlanning Options, you can control what your staff can take action on or view within 'ShiftPlanning' module.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges in Humanity to access ShiftPlanning Options under Settings module.
- You must Save & Refresh for change to take effect once you modify the settings.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- ShiftPlanning Options (Frequently Used)
- ShiftPlanning Options (Advanced Settings)
ShiftPlanning Options (Frequently Used)
Step 1: Click on the ‘Settings’ Module i.e. the gear icon at the top-right > Click 'ShiftPlanning' tab from the left-hand side as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Check or uncheck the box next to any option listed below to enable or disable them as per your business requirement > Click Save Settings as shown in Image 2.
Use the Draft/Publish schedule method: If this is unchecked, your schedules are always immediately visible to your staff. If this is checked, you will need to publish your schedules when you are ready to make it visible for your staff.
For more information about publishing schedules, go to 'Publish Shifts & Schedule.'
Enable task feature: If checked you will be able to assign tasks to the shifts.
For more information about assigning tasks to the shifts, go to 'Assign Tasks.'
- Show pending Leave Requests on Schedule: If checked, pending leave requests will be visible on Schedule in Employee Mode.
- Employees can view all schedules: If checked, it allow your employees to view all schedules on your account in read only mode.
- Employees can see shifts assigned to staff of the same position: If checked, employees can view the entire schedules for positions they are scheduled on.
- On-Call Management: If checked, It will allow placing employees 'On Call' while creating shifts.
- Employee can see co-workers vacations: If checked, this setting will add option in scheduler for vacation overview visible to employees
ShiftPlanning Options (Advanced Settings)
Step 1: Click on the ‘Settings’ Module i.e. the gear icon at the top-right > Click 'ShiftPlanning' tab from the left-hand side > Click 'Advanced Settings' tab from the top as shown in Image 3.
Step 2: Check or uncheck the box next to any option listed below to enable or disable them as per your business requirement > Click Save Settings as shown in Image 4.
- Sort by Address: If checked, this will sort the remote sites by the address instead of site name, within Shift Edit Window.
- Show Locations In Shifts: If checked, shift view will show the Location name besides Position/employee name and times.
Display overnight shifts in Scheduler: If checked this setting will allow scheduler to display overnight shifts in multiple columns.
For more information about display and impact of overnight shifts in schedule, go to 'Display and Impact of Overnight Shifts.'
- Start Day: The selection of the day from the drop-down next to this option will be the start day of your calendar week for creating schedules as well as for your overtime/payroll periods.
Use the shift approval feature: If checked, you will be able to approve shifts after they have happened for accurate attendance and payroll data. Once approved, managers can pull a report to keep track of hours that have been approved through the Shift Approval feature by 'Shifts Confirmed' Report.'
For more information about shift approval, go to 'Shift Approvals.'
- Do not allow creation of shifts longer than 24 hours: If checked, this setting disables creating shifts longer than 24 hours.
- Schedule notes permissions: From the drop-down next to this option, you will be able to choose who can publish schedule notes.
- Do not initiate automatic conflicts on schedule: If checked, this setting will disable automatic run of conflicts on schedule.
Restrict who can see & add shift notes: From the drop-down next to this option, you will be able to see and add shift notes.
For more information about the difference of schedule & shift notes, go to 'Shift Notes VS Schedule Notes.'
- Employees can view shifts in advance from the current date: By selecting the time frame from the drop-down you can restrict how far the future published schedule can be viewed by your staff.
- Show costing data in the scheduler: Control the visibility of real-time costing data that is visible in the Schedule under staff/position name.
- Maximum Working Days In A Row: This is the default settings for all staff, however, this can also be set per employee from their staff profile.
- Show 12am as midnight
- Shift loading indicator: If checked, it shows whether ShiftPlanning is loading shifts.
- Show employee skills in the scheduler: Employee's skills will be displayed under the name in employee mode under the schedule view.
Required skill on shift: If you either select 'ALL' or 'ANY' you will be able to schedule your staff based on skills.
For 'ALL': Employee needs to have all of the specified skills to be assigned to the shift.
For 'ANY': Employee needs to have at least one of the specified skills to be assigned to the shift.
For more information about the impact of this setting, go to 'Required Skill on Shift Setting.'
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!