The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to allow employees to trade shifts or manage additional options related to trade.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers
If you want your employees to trade a shift when they cannot work at your scheduled time, learn how to give them access to do that.
Also, learn how to manage options related to trade to allow same day trades, not allow trades between positions or not show overlapping shifts in trades.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges in Humanity to enable the settings for your employees to trade a shift or options related to trade for giving or taking access from your staff.
- 'Employees can see shifts assigned to staff of the same position' is a pre-requisite setting to enable/disable to enable/disable 'Employees can trade shifts' option.
- You can allow same day trades, disable shift trades between positions and manage not to show overlapping shifts in trades according to your business requirements.
- 'Allow same day trades' is a pre-requisite setting to enable/disable 'Do not show overlapping shifts in trades' option.
- You can also customize the approval process for shift trade or release.
For more information about customizing the approval process for shift trade or release, go to 'Customize Approval Process for Shift Trade or Release'
Shift Trade Settings
Step 1: Click on the ‘Settings’ Module i.e. the gear icon at the top-right > Click 'ShiftPlanning' tab from the left-hand side > Click 'Advanced Settings' tab from the top as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Check the box next to ‘Employees can trade shifts’ or options related to trade settings under Shift Pickup, Trades and Approvals section > Click 'Save Settings' from the top-right or bottom-left as shown in Image 2.
- Allow same day trades
- Do not show overlapping shifts in trades
- Disable shift trades between positions
That’s it, now your staff members will be able to trade shifts when needed.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!