Workday Application Requirements
The Integration System User and Integration Security Group for Integration System User have to be configured in Workday.
Create an Integration Security Group following these steps:
- Run the “Create Security Group” task in Workday
- Select the “Integration System Security Group (Unconstrained)”
- Enter a Name (i.e. Humanity Integration Security Group)
- Click OK
To grant the Security Group access to the domains required by the integration, follow these steps for each domain:
- Access the “View Domain” report and find the required domain.
- As a related action on the domain, select Domain > Edit Security Policy Permissions.
- Add the previously created Security Group to the “Integration Permissions” and select Get and Put.
- Access the “Activate Pending Security Policy Changes” task and activate the changes that you made in Step 3.
The Domains required by the integration can be found in the following documents:
- Humanity-Workday Integration Security - domains for Authentication, Employee, organization structure and Schedule sync
- Humanity-Workday RaaS Integration Security - domains for Time Off and Leave of Absence sync
Contact your Humanity representative in order to obtain these documents.
Check if a security policy for domain Process: Ad Hoc Schedule Processing is active following these steps:
- Access the ‘View domain’ report.
- Enter the ‘Process: Ad Hoc Schedule Processing’ for the domain name.
- Click on the related action -> ‘Domain’ -> ‘View Security Policy’.
- Security Policy should be active.
If the Security policy isn't activated then activate is by:
- Click on the security policy related Action -> ‘Domain Security Policy’ -> ‘Enable’.
- Access the ‘Activate Pending Security Policy Changes’ task and active the changes that you made.
Create an Integration System User following these steps:
- Run the “Create Integration System User” task in Workday
- Enter a User Name (i.e. Humanity Integration System User) and a Password
- Keep the Session Timeout Minutes default value of 0 to prevent session expiration
- Click OK
- On the related actions on the created System User, select Security Profile > Assign Integration System Security Groups.
- At the Integration System Security Group to Assign prompt, select the security group that you previously created.
- Access the “Maintain Password Rules” task and add the integration system user to the “System Users exempt from password expiration” field.
- An expired session can cause the integration to time out before it successfully completes.
- Use the “View Security Group” task to open the newly created security group in Workday.
All Workers (Employees) whose data would be synchronized between the two systems must be in the specific organization Hierarchy of the selected Organization Hierarchy type (Company/Cost Center/Location/Region Hierarchy) in Workday for which the integration will be activated. (i.e. the Company Hierarchy is selected as the type and XYZ Inc. Company Hierarchy is selected as the specific organization of the Company Hierarchy type).
The Default Time Entry Code assigned to the worker must have the Entry Method set as In/Out Only in order for the Schedule of that user to be synced from Humanity to Workday and to be visible in Workday.
As a precondition for Employee sync activation please make sure that each employee under your Workday account has Legal First Name, Legal Last Name, (Primary) Work Email and Hire Date defined - in order for these data to be synchronized to Humanity.
All Workers (Employees) whose data will be synchronized between two systems must be sitting in specific Organization Hierarchy of the selected Organization Hierarchy type (Company/Cost Center/Location/Region Hierarchy) in Workday for which integration will be activated. (i.e. Company Hierarchy is selected as the type and XYZ Inc. Company Hierarchy is selected as a specific organization of Company Hierarchy type).
The precondition for the Time Off sync activation is the creation of a custom report (RaaS - Report as a Service) in the Workday tenant - Time Off Report. This Report presents all changes related to Time Off requests which occur in Workday and which will be synced to Humanity, such as the creation, updating or deletion/removal of approved Time Off requests.
The precondition for Leave of Absence sync activation is the creation of two custom reports in your Workday tenant:
- Leave of Absence Report - presents creation and update of approved Leave of Absence requests which occur in Workday and are synced to Humanity.
- Deleted Leave of Absence Report - presents deletion/removal/cancellation/rescinding of approved Leave of Absence requests which occur in Workday and are synced to Humanity.
For obtaining definitions and instructions to generate each report (Time Off, Leave of Absence and Deleted Leave of Absence) please contact Humanity Support (email@example.com).