The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to enable the required skill on shift to assign skill(s) on shift.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers
If you have a requirement for more than one skill on the scheduled shifts, Humanity allows you to manage which employee would be able to opt for it depending upon the skills assigned to them in their profile
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have manager/admin access privileges in Humanity to enable the 'Required skill on shift' settings for your employees.
- Skill(s) must be added under Staff module to be reflected in the shift.
- The user can add one or multiple skills, however, employees will be narrowed down as per your selected settings between 'ANY' or 'ALL' from the drop-down next to required skills settings.
- Enabling required skills per shift will disable the current filter by skill feature on Shift Edit Window (SEW).
Enable 'Required Skill on Shift'
Step 1: Go to Settings Module using the gear icon at the top-right > Select ShiftPlanning tab from the left-hand side > Click Advanced Settings, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Under ShiftPlanning Options section > Scroll down to select either ALL or ANY from the drop-down next to 'Required skill on shift' > After selecting either 'ANY' or ALL, click OK to confirm the selection, as shown in Image 2.
- For 'ANY': Employee needs to have at least one of the specified skills to be assigned to the shift as shown in Image 3.
- For 'ALL': Employee needs to have all of the specified skills to be assigned to the shift as shown in Image 4.
Step 3: Click Save Settings tab from top right or bottom left, as shown in Image 5.
- Assign or Remove Skill(s) on Shift
- Auto-fill Shift based on the Skill(s)
- Trade and Release Shifts based on Skill(s)
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.