The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to enable required skill on shift to assign skill(s) on shift.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers
Learn how to have access to schedule your staff based on skills.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges in Humanity to enable the 'Required skill on shift' settings for your employees.
- Skill(s) must be added under Staff module to be reflected in the shift.
- The user can add one or multiple skills, however, employees will be narrowed down as per your selected settings between 'ANY' or 'ALL' from the drop-down next to required skills settings.
- Enabling required skill per shift will disable current filter by skill feature on Shift Edit Window (SEW).
Enable 'Required Skill on Shift'
Step 1: Click on the ‘Settings’ Module i.e. the gear icon at the top right > Select 'ShiftPlanning' tab from the left-hand side > Click 'Advanced Settings' as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Scroll down under 'ShiftPlanning Options' section, select either 'ALL' or 'ANY' from the drop-down next to 'Required skill on shift' as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: After selecting either 'ANY' or 'ALL', click 'OK' to confirm the selection:
- For 'ANY': Employee needs to have at least one of the specified skills to be assigned to the shift as shown in Image 3.
- For 'ALL': Employee needs to have all of the specified skills to be assigned to the shift as shown in Image 4.
Step 3: Click 'Save Settings' tab from top right or bottom left as shown in Image 5.
That's it! You will be able to assign, remove, auto-fill or trade shift based on skills.
- Assign or Remove Skill(s) on Shift
- Auto-fill Shift based on the Skill(s)
- Trade and Release Shifts based on Skill(s)
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!