The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to assign one or multiple positions in Humanity via CSV file.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers/Admin and Supervisors
Assign your staff one or multiple positions by importing them via CSV in relation to already predefined locations.
You must create the file in the accepted format given below:
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges in Humanity to assign positions via CSV.
- Any data to be uploaded must not contain the following in order to upload the positions into Humanity:
- Extra or double spaces
- Extra spaces in the end
- Any special character or apostrophe e.g., (ä/ä, ö/ö, ü/ü) etc.
- Non-breaking spaces (usually comes when data is copied from a web page)
- Make sure that there’s no deviation in spellings under 'Name, Locations, and Positions' columns, in excel, as compared with the existing data in the account.
- There must not be any completely empty rows in the spreadsheet.
- Characters are limited to 160 including spaces.
- User id must be in the template and you will only have user id's in the downloaded template.
Bulk Position Assignment via CSV
Step 1: Go to Staff module from the top-panel and click the Drop-down icon next to Add Employee tab from the top right > Click on Employee Assignment, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click Assign positions under Bulk Assignment from the left-hand side, as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: To import bulk positions assignment, click Choose File tab, select the file and click Import File to upload it, as shown in Image 3.
Note: You can also download the advised template using the Download template button to create a file as per the requirements.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.