The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to add, edit, or delete a custom field.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers/Admin and Supervisors
Humanity comes with a basic set of profile fields that can be set for each employee. Such as name, phone number, e-mail, address, etc. You have the ability to expand on this functionality by creating your own custom fields.
- Employee ID - Internal or from a 3rd party application
- License Number - Drivers License or Course License
- T-Shirt Size - Small, Medium, Large
- Contact - Emergency/Medical contact info
- Biography - Extended Biography
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin and supervisor access privileges to custom fields in Humanity.
- Custom fields can be created in 6 different formats.
- You can select permissions to restrict the view of the fields.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Add a Custom Field
- Edit a Custom Field
- Delete a Custom Field
Add a Custom Field
Step 1: Go to Staff module from the top-panel and click the Drop-down icon next to Add Employee tab from the top right > Click on Custom Fields, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Under Add New section fill in the required information to create a required custom field as follows:
- Type the name of the field you wish to add in the Name box.
- Select the Type from the drop-down.
- Mention the required Values (optional).
- Select the Permissions from the drop-down, as all shown in Image 2.
Edit a Custom Field
After adding the custom field, if you wish to edit it you can simply follow the steps below:
Step 1: Click the Edit tab > Modify the required information (Name, type, values, permission) as per the operational requirement > Confirm with Save to keep the updated information, as shown in Image 3.
Delete a Custom Field
Step 1: Click Delete option next to the added custom field under Manage section > Confirm with OK, as shown in Image 4.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.