The objective of this tutorial is to give you an overview of skills management. It is also to help you understand the different ways of assigning skills to your staff according to your business requirement.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors and Schedulers
Skills define any special abilities your employees have. This can include things such as CPR Certification, Second Languages, etc.
You can assign one or more than one skill to multiple employees at once and in bulk or to an individual staff member.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin and supervisors access privileges to assign one or multiple skills to your staff at once and importing skills in bulk.
- You must have a manager/admin, supervisors and schedulers access privileges in Humanity to assign one or multiple skill(s) from their profile or to add skills expiration for an employee.
- Skills expiration can only be added one at a time.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Adding Skills
- Staff Profile - Skill Assignments
- Assign/Remove Skill(s) in Bulk
- Import and Assign Skills via CSV
- Skills Expiration
- Novel uses of Skills
Skills must be added under the ‘Employee Assignment’ tab first by your Managers or Supervisors to assign them to your staff.
Staff Profile - Skill Assignments
You can assign or remove one or multiple skills to an individual from his/her profile. It is useful if you want to assign skill(s) to just one of your staff.
Assign/Remove Skill(s) in Bulk
You can assign or remove one or multiple skills to multiple employees at once. It is useful if you want to assign skill(s) to a group of employees different skills at once.
Import and Assign Skills via CSV
You can create a CSV file following the accepted format and assign skill(s) to your staff by importing it into Humanity. It is useful when you want to assign skills in bulk to all your staff members.
Adding expiration on certain skills, allows you to receive notifications and keep track of skills that are counted as 'certifications'.
You can select when you wish to be notified of this skill expiration from 15 days, 1 month, 2 months and 3 months time frame.
Novel uses of Skills
- Skills as Skills & Certifications: e.g. Excel Expert, CPR Certification, SAP etc
- Skills as Seniority: In some scheduling situations it is important to give scheduling preference to more senior staff. For example, within a 'customer service' position, there may exist: 'associate', 'manager' and 'team lead'.
- Skills as Employment Type: Skills serve as a filter within reports including payroll specific reports. Often times finance staff will need to segment staff into different payroll-related types. Skills can be used to tackle this need with titles such as: 'Salary', Hourly', 'Full-Time', Part-Time', 'Employee' or 'Contractor'.
- Skills can be used as part of task management as well. Want to get a view of the schedules of your store 'Closers'? What about a look at the clock-in times of your 'Openers'?
- Skills as Tasks.
These are just some of the ways 'Skills' can be helpful as tasks.
You can use these skills throughout the system to more quickly filter, schedule smartly and track employees. You can filter Reports by Skills to get the desired data by skills.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!