The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand different ways to customize & manage the notifications settings to receive them according to your business or individual requirements.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Scheduler and Employees
Learn different ways to customize & manage the notifications settings to receive them according to your business or individual requirements.
You can manage notifications in three ways:
Under 'Settings' module
Under the 'Staff' module
Under Your 'Profile'
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges to customize or restrict settings under 'Settings' or 'Staff' module.
- You must have manager/admin, supervisors, schedulers or employees access privileges to customize or restrict settings for receiving notifications under profile which will overwrite the global settings.
- There are three ways humanity sends a notification each time an action takes place: Email, SMS and Mobile Push.
- If 'Force e-mail notifications' is enabled, you will receive all notifications even if you have disabled any type of notification under your profile.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Manage Notifications under 'Settings' Module
- Manage Notifications for a Position
- Manage Notifications under 'Your' Profile
Manage Notifications under 'Settings' Module
Step 1: Click the 'Settings' module from the top-panel as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Under 'Account' tab > Click 'Advanced' tab and scroll down to customize the notification settings under 'Notifications' tab by checking or un-checking the boxes next to each type of notification as shown in Image 2.
Manage Notifications for a Position
Step 1: Click the 'Staff' module from the top-panel as shown in Image 3.
Step 2: Click 'Locations and Positions' tab from the top as shown in Image 4.
Step 3: Select 'Notifications On/Off' options from the drop-down according to your need as shown in Image 5.
Note: The staff assigned to the respective position will not receive notifications if you select notifications off.
Manage Notifications under 'Your Profile'
Step 1: Click the arrow icon > Profile tab as shown in Image 6.
Step 2: Click the 'Notifications' tab under your profile as shown in Image 7.
Step 3: Check/Un-check the boxes under each type to control which type of notification do you want to receive and customize receiving of notifications by selecting 'Always', 'Never' or 'Once' next to each feature as shown in Image 8.
Step 4: Click 'Save Notification Settings' tab from the bottom once you have customized the settings as shown in Image 9.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!