The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand how to add, edit or delete availability under your profile.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Manager/Admin, Supervisor, Scheduler and Employee
Weekly availability will repeat every week, the same day & time unless changed otherwise. You can select the time-slot you want to set yourself unavailable or drag to select multiple time-slots.
Future availability is a one-time availability set for a specific date in future.
Things to know before you begin:
- At the top right of the weekly chart, there is an option to switch between 60 and 15 min increment chart, helpful when setting up an hour partially available/unavailable.
- This availability is reflected within the shift window to know in advance when someone is not available for a shift.
- ‘Submit for Approval’ tab is only visible if the related setting is enabled.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- Staff Profile - Weekly Availability
- Staff Profile - Future Availability
Staff Profile - Weekly Availability
Step 1: Click the arrow next to your profile (personal menu) from the top-right corner > Click 'Availability' tab from the drop-down as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Click and drag on the time-slot you want to set yourself unavailable > Click 'Submit for Approval' tab as shown in Image 2.
- You will be able to see 'Submit for Approval' tab only if your managers have enabled it for you.
- To delete the availability, you must drag the marked availability back to available.
Staff Profile - Future Availability
Step 1: Click ‘Add New Date’, select the date > Click 'Set availability' as shown in Image 3.
Step 3: Click the ‘Pencil Icon’ to set your availability > Click and drag to select the time-slot under 60 mins increment > Click ‘OK’ as shown in Image 4.
- You can delete the future availability by clicking on the bin icon next to the pencil icon.
- You may switch the timeline to 15 mins increment if required to set your availability as shown in Image 5.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Scheduling!