The objective of this tutorial is to give you a complete overview of weekly availability.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers, Supervisors, Schedulers and Employees
You can set the weekly availability which will repeat every week, the same day & time unless changed otherwise.
The scenario outlined in this tutorial consists of the following building blocks:
- 60 and 15 min increment chart
- Set Weekly Availability
- Edit Staff Weekly Availability
- Submit Weekly Availability for Approval
- Representation of colors
- Managing Weekly Availability Approval
- Settings for Availability
60 and 15 min increment chart
At the top right of the weekly chart, there is an option to switch between 60 and 15 min increment chart, helpful when setting up an hour partially available/unavailable.
Set Weekly Availability
You can select the time-slot you want to set yourself unavailable or drag to select multiple
Time-slots under Staff Profile.
Edit Weekly Availability
As managers can view the availability on the ShiftPlanning calendar while creating shifts in 'Employee View' only if employees have set their availability. If needed, you can edit this availability to notify and schedule them.
Submit Weekly Availability for Approval
If the Availability approval feature is enabled you will see the option, at the bottom of the availability chart, 'Submit for Approval'. Click that to submit your unavailability for approval.
Representation of colors
The ‘pink’ colour indicates Unavailable times and ‘green’ indicate Available.
Note: Weekly Availability is meant to be set for routine events and isn't meant to be changed on a daily basis: if you have one-time appointments or meetings then please use the Future Availability feature.
Managing Weekly Availability Approval
Once an Employee submits unavailability for approval, managers and supervisors can approve the availability for all the staff under ‘Dashboard’ Module > Dashboard Notification Panel > Weekly Availability Widget.
Schedulers can only approve the availability request if the Manager has given access him/her to do so and only for the employees he is assigned to manage.
Settings for Availability
- Managers should allow staff to set weekly availability
- Managers should enable submit for approval feature for the staff to submit the request.
- Managers can allow schedulers to approve availability requests.
- Management can set an effective date for when your availability changes will become effective. You will see a notice at the top of availability page mentioning from when your new availability will be effective.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach us at email@example.com. Happy Scheduling!