The objective of this tutorial is to help you understand the workaround for Paid Holidays/Public Holidays as we currently do not have the feature to facilitate this.
Access from your: Computer
Applies to: Managers/Admin
Paid time Off (PTO) is any form of paid leave, such as a government-declared holiday, maternity leave, or sick time off. Employees are eligible to receive holiday pay as soon as they become employees.
Things to know before you begin:
- You must have a manager/admin access privileges to use the workaround for paid time off.
- If you have a Supervisor level access, you’ll have to ask for help from your Manager to avail access to your steps.
• For Step 4 and 5: You must have a manager/admin and supervisor access privileges to assign different positions under employee assignment and assign hourly wage rate under the Payroll tab.
- If you have a Scheduler level access, you’ll have to ask for help from your Manager and Supervisor to avail access to your steps.
• For Step 6: You must have a manager/admin, supervisor, and scheduler access privileges to create shifts.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Step 1: Go to Staff module and click on Locations & Positions, as shown in Image 1.
Step 2: Create a Position named Holidays, Christmas, or anything else you require, as shown in Image 2.
Step 3: Assign this position to all your staff by going under Employees tab > Drop-down > Employee Assignment, as shown in Image 3.
For more information about assigning the same position to staff in bulk (applicable in this case), go to Employee Bulk Edit.
Step 4: Add the hourly rate to the Holiday position under the employee's Profile > Payroll tab, as shown in Image 4.
For more information about assigning the hourly rate under the payroll tab (applicable in this case), go to Manage Employee Profile.
Step 5: Move to ShiftPlanning tab and create a shift for a holiday position, as shown in Image 5.
For more information about creating shifts (applicable in this case), go to Create a Shift.
- You can also add clock time for the same position or have employees clocked in and clocked out on Christmas/Holiday position.
- To notify your employees you need to publish the shifts.
Once completed, you will be able to view the calculation under Payroll Report, as shown in Image 6.
For more information about how to view the calculation under Payroll Report, go to 'Scheduled Hours' Report.
If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.